Modern Headlight Globes

parrot

So I have rapidly come to the conclusion that the halogen globes in the Nissan daily are pretty crap. I do a fair amount of country driving and wombats are a common concern.

So whilst I come up with some sort of mount system for my mega cibies (by the way, interested in an easy mount solution that doesnt require a $750 nudge bar, and doesn't trip the airbags.....) I am also looking at upgrading the bulbs which I think are H11's.

My trawling of the interwebs seem to suggest that Osram Nightbreakers may be the way to go. The Phillips equivalants seem to be marketed as a "style" globe??

I juat want to be able to see where I am going, and have no interest in HiD conversions.

Any valued experience out there?

Members dont see this ad

The osram nightbreakers I can get for $50 pair. I don't care what colour they are as long as I can see. Is it just me, or is it bizarre that they sell globes as a styling thing?

Considering people put aircraft landing lights in their cars nothing surprises me.

Is it just me, or is it bizarre that they sell globes as a styling thing?

It's bizare how many people don't care about light output and buy them just for the slight colour change, some of the blue/white ones at Supercheap are close to $100!

Edited by rian

• 1 month later...

I ended up getting the Osram nightbreakers off a guy in Germany via Ebay.

It turned out the globes were H4's, and I was able to get two pair posted out for a total of $56. They have them in a range of globe types.

Around town after a week they are as least as good as the originals, which were also Osram branded. Undoubtedly, the depth and spread of beam on high beam out in the country is vastly improved.

I'll be popping them in my AE86 also, plus will plan to do the same on my other cars once running which both have H4 conversions.

Well worth considering