February 2, 200917 yr Author comment_313858 I found the cap attached to a KE30 but a mate told me its actually from a Sigma. I checked all the Corona's while there and couldn't find another. So next time I'll check the Sigma's. Makes sense tho, they are in the next row. Report
February 2, 200917 yr comment_313874 I found the cap attached to a KE30 but a mate told me its actually from a Sigma. I checked all the Corona's while there and couldn't find another. So next time I'll check the Sigma's. Makes sense tho, they are in the next row. The vinyl roof sounds great, the badge to me looks GM the wreath particularly. Report
February 2, 200917 yr comment_313886 ahh of course come to think of it i reckon i've seen that emblem somewhere at the local wreckers down here on a sigma might have to check it out next time i'm there Report
February 27, 200917 yr Author comment_323159 So over the past few days I've been tidying up the engine bay. Here is what I've done... This is my old rocker cover... And my new one... And here is the new Rollaclub sticker... I bleached the bottles to remove sludge and grease... Here is the new rubber grommet I bought. The old one had perished. I replaced the old overflow hose as it was cracked... Here are the old lines for the washer bottle. They have all stained and hardened. And here are the new ones. My only problem now is that I can't find where to get a new grommet for the washer bottle. Every washer bottle I've ever had has leaked. Report
February 27, 200917 yr comment_323172 Lookin good Jon! The water bottles cleaned up really well. Its good to actually see how much coolant you have in there now and all fresh sparkley green! Report
February 27, 200917 yr Author comment_323174 Yeah, I've gone ages without topping the bottle up cause it always was half full. I never realised that the overflow hose only when half way. So this is why I always had to top up the radiator. Report
March 6, 200917 yr Author comment_325178 I popped my bonnet the other day to find my coolant bottle was empty. I lost a whole bottle in two day. I later found the leak. It turned all I had to do was tighten the heater hoses. The past owners cut off the bonnet pole stand. The pole has been destroping the radiator support for years now. So I picked up some scrap metal from work to make myself a holder... Here is that metal piece again but cut and shaped... I then screwed it to the radiator support panel... And the end result... It works a charm. Next I was hoping to paint the mirrors black to freshen them up, but can't figure out how to separate the glass from the plastic. Anyone know?? Report
March 21, 200917 yr Author comment_329900 Well not too much progress happening here. The new brakes were meant to be fitted tomorrow but due to shipping issues wont be in till next week sometime. So I'm not entirely sure about getting them on before next weeks cruise. Maybe, maybe not. I'm not too confident about my brakes. They've started squeaking about a week or more ago and are sounding worse. Lets hope they hold up. The coolant leak has been plugged for sure now but seems I have sprung another. Looks to be coming from the fuel pump. This is the only gasket we didn't replace but I thought not to as it wasn't done long ago. But anyway it gives me a chance to stick this on... I painted this up in the past day. Not long now till it has A/C :y: Report
March 22, 200917 yr Author comment_330100 When I painted the bracket I also painted my bonnet support. Not the best pics but it looks great in person... Hopefully this week i'll get the mirrors done and maybe a few other bits and bobs. Report
March 23, 200917 yr comment_330343 Just to add, JiPs horn works really well, and he needs more power cause its slow :P Report
March 23, 200917 yr comment_330391 Great idea :P . I like vinyl roofs that are in good condition. it is something different that you don't see much any more. There is a VERY good reason for not seeing them much anymore!! Dude, if you really want your engine bay cleaned up? Forget replacing window washer tubes until you have degreased and polished the paint...it looks shocking Report
March 23, 200917 yr comment_330491 There is a VERY good reason for not seeing them much anymore!! Rolla_boy YOUR BACK!!!! Vinyl roofs are classic if in good condition and looked after. Edited March 23, 200917 yr by KE30_KE35_KE55 Report
March 24, 200917 yr Author comment_330684 I replaced the tubes cause I was fixing the wiper bottle leak. And it wont have a vinyl roof, just two tone. Report
March 24, 200917 yr comment_330698 ahh of coursecome to think of it i reckon i've seen that emblem somewhere at the local wreckers down here on a sigma might have to check it out next time i'm there That is definately a sigma badge, generally found on the chrysler sigmas, not the mitsu ones. Report
April 6, 200917 yr Author comment_334415 Well my brakes have been going for quite some time. And after ordering replacements almost a month ago, they finally came in. I also had to replace one of my tie rods, so I decided to do both. My Brakes before.... My new slotted rotors... We freshened up the backing plate... The rotors pieced together... Here are them assembled and on the car along with the tie rod.... And with the brakes on. Wish I could have painted the calipers too but didn't wanna mess around with disconnecting them and having to bleed them. Sadly the Bendix brake pads we ordered were the wrong ones. So we had to find some last minute Hobbit ones. :party: And they are green :dance: The end result isn't too bad. I also ended up sticking on my A/C pump mount, fixing the fuel pump leak and found myself polishing the timing chain cover and the fuel line to the carbie. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now