Tyre Size

MONSTA4

Members dont see this ad

225s never really fit under stock guards on any corolla. Most people are such idiots they think tens will make the sub 1000kg car handle, but what will really make the car handle best is the narrowest lightest rim that will weigh the least and allow a tyre like a 205 to do its best work without a bunch of stretch. You need to decide if you want grip and performance or to impress people while stationary.

For the most part tens will interfere with the body, create a huge scrub radius that means the guards will need a lot of trimming and flares and even maybe firewall smashing to make them fit. Just put wheels and tyres on that suit the car, you can increase your grip by running the lightest grippiest wheel and tyre package. Id be more inclined to go no wider than an 8 and fit the highest quality of tyre as opposed to getting some tens and stretching some cheesy tyres over them to be cool like the rest of the :kiwi:

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

Lol I was thinking 8inch rims with 225s because the bloke at bobjane said they will fit better with out stretch but now I'm thinking 7inch wide rims with 205s on the ke70 will be a better fit and Handel a hell of a lot better with out modification to the body work

You realise GTHO falcons had 6 inch rims. And when they went to an optional 7 inch rim later on, they only had 185 tyres.

So after shelling out a shitload of money on rims & tyres, what you propose will completely destroy any semblance of handling.

Before you get defected, the car will be a dangerous pig to drive.

I wouldn't go over 6 inches on a road driven Corolla

Edit: And the guy at Bob Jane wants his arse kicked for suggesting anything like that.

Edited by parrot

195 50 r15 is the biggest you can legally go on a ke70 anyway.

Spend as much as you can on tyres this size. Federal 595 rsr is a good reasonably cheap option.

15x7 or 15 x 6.5 works good with that size tyre. And if you keep the offset above zero it will fit nicely.

Also you want light wheels. To make it handle (not handel!) Well.

Back in the day (around 20 years ago), I was running 225/60R13's on the rear of my KE35 without touching the bodywork. These were mounted on a 6" rim. Handling was fine ;)

But you would never get anything close to this width under the front and make it work.....