Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Engine Bearings For Turbo Build

Featured Replies

Any specific brand to buy or keep away from for bearings, I'm building 5k for boost and not sure if something like acl will do the job or if there are better options.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 187.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

They're available for k series? Didn't think they were... Couldn't find any info on them... Cheers

King only make the entry range for K series. Acl bearings are only old stock they make nothing here now, even their race series forged pistons were made in the US.

Personally I'd look for a Japanese bearing like a teiho from precision international, although they aren't showing any on the website at the moment (they are listing king though)but it may be worth getting in contact to see.

 

You'll want chrome top rings for it. No one does/lists a chrome ring for a K motor but i had a dig at work a while ago and found an alfa romeo ring set that is chrome and fits. I'll have to get back to you on the part numbers as I'm out at the moment. Tazrx may have the part numbers.

  • Author

Cheers Guys, looking at hypatec .040 pistons (cheap as - only $115) if there are any known chrome rings to suit that would be great.

Have been told precision only list cast rings... so if there are chrome options that would be good

Hmmm I remember there was Bi-Metal and Tri-Metal Bearings last I looked, ACL bearings were good but no more, would also suggest NDC.

With boost don't worry about bearings, worry about pistons and other turbo related issues like timing and compression etc. With motors

they should run on an oil surface not a bearing surface, have a look at hydrodynamic lubrication, your clearances, oil weight and oil temp.

  • Author

Got myself some acl bearings.. probably buy pistons next week... More than likely will end up with cast rings if I can't find chrome.. unfortunately.

Got myself some acl bearings.. probably buy pistons next week... More than likely will end up with cast rings if I can't find chrome.. unfortunately.

 

Nah bud I'll find it over the weekend. The ringset part number that is. Buying pistons from precision?

Edited by kickn5k

With rings, get a catalogue and cross reference the dimensions to the same spec. Best chance of finding some better rings...

With rings, get a catalogue and cross reference the dimensions to the same spec. Best chance of finding some better rings...

 

Yup thats what I did.

Ok I found it. If you're buying your hypatech pistons from "precision"? then there hastings part number for the rings is RS1552020cr4h for a std bore 5K or RS1552040cr4h for a 1/2mm oversize. They are a honda ringset and it's std bore is 80mm so you need a 1/2mm bigger. The last 3 numbers are the oversize(020=1/2mm, 040=1mm).

The cr denotes a chrome ringset.

 

Hope that helps.

Stu..

  • Author

Thanks so much... Anything listed or useable for .040 (1mm?). Yeah going hypatec precision contacted me and by sounds of it they may only have .040 in hypatec. But will have to confirm this... If I had catalogs or knew where to get them I'd look it up myself

Thanks so much... Anything listed or useable for .040 (1mm?). Yeah going hypatec precision contacted me and by sounds of it they may only have .040 in hypatec. But will have to confirm this... If I had catalogs or knew where to get them I'd look it up myself

 

It would be rs155060cr4h, you'd have to ring them to see if it's stocked. They do have a website, but don't list by ring size. The trade catalog is really comprehensive and does list by size.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.