4X108 Pcd Alloys With -7 Et

corollaTE27Fan

Will wheels with this PCD and negative offsett fit a stock KE20 if the center bore is suitable or I am able to use spigot rings?

I have read about the use of 'wobbly nuts' to accommodate slight differences on PCD's and also about bent wheel hub studs is this wise.

Alterrnatively I can go for some hub adapters to convert to a 5x114.3 PCD and get a better choice of wheel but the cost of hub adapters would be an extra $500 Aus dollars.

I was thinking of going for 13" x 7" all round like the attached pic, though my main concern is the best offsett to use. I am not fussed about wheels projecting beyond the bodywork as I would quite like to use some fender flares.

I am in the UK so my choice of off the shelf wheels is limited and second hand sources of RX7 wheels that are a direct fit are scarce.

I have looked at Hayashi Street wheels from Japan which I really like but they are megabucks with shipping to the UK..

What do you guys reckon?

post-23421-0-09279000-1442691540.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Hi - Width wise I was looking at 7 inch wide wheels (13" x 7") with a suitable width tyre of a profile to keep the rolling radius of the wheel as close as possible to the original.

I know the width will be OK, I just need to understand what offsett I will need so as to avoid hitting the front struts and rear spring mounts.

As I mentioned,I don't mind the wheels projecting beyond the body line as I quite like the option to use fender flares and spacers to get the right look.

They look nicely similar to the old TA22 Celica GT / TE37 Levin/ TE72 T18 Corolla factory steel wheels that I lust after (but do not own, just saying, in case anyone has some..)

post-18751-0-66344300-1442741770.jpg

post-18751-0-89090000-1442742002_thumb.jpg

post-18751-0-03276500-1442741815.jpg

A 7" rim with a -7 offset would have a 3.25" backspace which would be an easy fit under a KE30 (a KE30 can take 4" backspace no trouble) - but sorry to say I have no experience of KE20s. Someone will have!

Having said that, your clear backspace is measurable with the wheel off using a set square & ruler. Just be sure to allow extra for the lip of the rim, and a bit more for the bulge of the tyre unless you intend to overstretch them (IMO don't haha)

Shame about the PCD but I do like the wheel!

Edited by Mechanical Sympathy

Oh sure they're around. There was a pair for $40 on eBay the other week but they were interstate and I'm a tight arse. Actually I think the auction is still going.

If you're spending the kind of money to consider new wheels, have you looked into Jaoanese auctions and sellers of old school wheels? I've seen classic modestly sized 4x110 wheels offered on Facebook groups for as "little" as $500 delivered worldwide from Japan. They just need a strip, polish and paint.

I wouldn't run 108, bend studs or run adapters. You could upgrade to *e30-*e70 struts easy enough, which would give you 4x114.3 plus a brake upgrade. You can get *e30 rear axles shortened 10mm or so and will fit your diff to give you 114.3 on the rear as well.

Or you could look on Mazda/rotary facebook pages and forums. Early mazdas were 4x110 as well, that's where n I found wheels for my ke18.

Hi Pete - it was Import Monster you sent me a link to.

I have also been looking on the Yahoo Jap Auction site and its so hard to read the adds as even with a translator the majority of the text doesn't get translated and I have found that when you see a picture of 4 wheels the price is often just for a single wheel. Do you use a perticular Jap Auction site?

Cheers

Import monster is a site (one of a number) that enable you to search yahoo Japan in English (well Japlish) and bid in realtime. You pay a fee for the service, but they enable you to bid and have shipped to you, items otherwise inaccessible. The link I posted for you was a search thread for 13 inch 110pcd wheels available on yahoo Japan.

As mentioned, it is easily the best source for period correct, and more modern, wheels in the size you seek. As ever, if you are patient, they are often surprisingly cheap. Of course you need to be careful. Look closely at pictures, learn to read Japlish. The good broking services enable you to ask questions re particular auctions. As ever, it's buyer beware.

http://www.importmonster.com.au/yahoo?cat=2084199053&term=110&page=3#2084199053

My cars and shed are full of parts otherwise unobtainable thanks to buying from yahoo Japan via import monster.

No pics, but we had a similar set on a KE20. Looked OK. That was until someone decided to steal them off the car.....

On a dark coloured car, clean them up and powder coat them white or a contrasting colour and they would look sweet.

PS. I had to chamfer the centre bore of my RX7 alloys to clear the front hubs of my KE20.

Edited by coln72