4agze Into A 72 Ke20

hi there all,

I have got a 4agze and am looking to put this into my ke20. I am wanting to know if anyone can help me with a couple of things....

1- What model engine mounts will i need to make it fit into the K frame.

2- I want to put discs on the back so what sort of diff will handle the engine and have discs...

3- I was looking at a T50 gearbox to mount into the car, will it mount directly to the engine and car frame...

Sorry to ask so much but thought i would ask anyway....

Members dont see this ad

hey mate

Toyota didnt make a engine mount to suit a KE20x with 4a block, they will have to be custom made.

T series diff should do just fine, I have one to suit a KE2x out of an AE86

with disc brake and lsd cut down to suit the corolla, its forsale atm I'm currently under offer havent received deposit yet but if it falls through your welcome to it $1200

T50 should be perfect, they used the t50 behind the 2tg motors the KE20 in japan. if you look under the car on the chassie rails where the gearbox xmemeber bolts up there are a set of threaded holes behind it think these will line up if you use the t50.

I could be wrong set me straight if I'm not ....

yeah thats correct klusio , i am currently putting a 4AGE into my KE25 and the t50 bolted to the KE25 g/box x-member no worries and bolts up to the chassis rails (with a bit of persuation) and sits the engine and g/box in the eng bay nicely , but the engine mounts are a bit of a bitch to make

My mate that sold me his whole 4age/t50 setup has now got a t28 turbo on his 4agze. He is now using a Supra gearbox i think as the 22 spline t50 is limited to 200hp.

I had mounts custom made by another friend but I'm thinking i may swap them for a lower set.

My mate that sold me his whole 4age/t50 setup has now got a t28 turbo on his 4agze. He is now using a Supra gearbox i think as the 22 spline t50 is limited to 200hp.

I had mounts custom made by another friend but I'm thinking i may swap them for a lower set.

Thanks for all your help, were would i get engine mounts made up from...i would imagine an engineer could do it right...

anyone know how i go about getting it engineered in the ACT..do i need to get it first or do it then take it in...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Na mate havent given up, just with it all being new and the dollars to match could be a slow process, I'm still not sure if i got a computer with the engine, he swears it is there, but from what piccies i have seen it isnt there...

I know i am a bit nieve here buying an egine when i don't know the specs IE model of engine and what is on it but for $1000 i took it, just researching what else i need..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...