1967 - Wagon Build

Jono.C

Members dont see this ad

Spent today replacing panels. I'm using bits off my green sedan for now and i'll replace them on the green one later on. Fact is the green one is way too far gone for me to repair right now and the wagon is less work..

20170221_112337_zpsklyfyot6.jpg

20170221_112331_zps2uxooymz.jpg

20170221_125527_zpsksuscndd.jpg

After

20170221_182811_zpsvcq8bgyv.jpg

20170221_182838_zpszp6fpvtj.jpg

Gaps arent great but thats easier to fix than rust....

.. Speaking of, Constantly finding more..

20170221_173318_zpstjqyvsyd.jpg

Stripped front end right back today and threw undercoating on it, Rust repair will happen later, getting the whole car stripped at the moment is the goal.

20170227_154333_zpsx74257xm.jpg

Tailgate stripped to bare metal also, little rust few dents but not too bad! I'll be doing 400/1000 then prime tomorrow, ran out of paper to get it done today

20170227_152607_zpsklyd82qy.jpg

• Upvote 1

So this ends my week off work so progress will now be pretty slow.. Entire car has been baremetal stripped and etch primed. I wont be painting this one myself as i i plan to keep this car forever pretty much so i want it to last..

Car revealed a few previous hits with a stack of bog in the rear and a fair bit of rust in the back, as well as some rust holes in the roof...

So it'll probably be a while before an update, but here's how it looks

20170303_185550_zpsdhafgvr8.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks exactly the same, not further updates as yet unfortunately! Weather and lack of shed plus work = not much done. Mostly waiting on panel beater to be finish up a couple jobs and then it'll be trailered around there for rust repair, sandblasting of front end and doors and painting!

• 1 month later...

So i bought some wheels. I've had a love for these wheels for a long time, and it's strange because i hate tri spokes usually? But these are such a cool shape and seem to suit anything small and 60's/70's perfectly. Lips need some work and a polish, they're also 4x114.3 but the wagon is getting converted anyway

a3a_zpsevhal2f2.jpg