Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5k Engine for Ke70

Featured Replies

  • Replies 148
  • Views 26.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • SloRolla
    SloRolla

    You still looking for a 5k head gasket? I can ask my local parts place if he's got one.   EDIT: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CYLINDER-HEAD-GASKET-TOYOTA-LITEACE-KM36-1-5L-5KC-5K-C-1-86-3-92-/2

  • 7000rpm
    7000rpm

    Nice progress Jon  

  • Genuine head gaskets are definitely the way to. I always use them, and along with a set of arp's never had any issue holding in over 20 psi. Crow do k series double valve springs.... and by using

Posted Images

  • Author
43 minutes ago, SloRolla said:

Looking hot, this will be a very peppy 5k ;)

That's the aim, daily driver streetabilty with the aim of 100rwhp
Unlike my 4k with Tighe 140, fun to drive especially on country roads so i can go nice and fast...but bit of a pig driving to uni and work

100rwhp is very hard to achieve maintaining street drive-ability and 98 octane...as I've just worked out lol!

 

 

  • Author
4 hours ago, 7000rpm said:

100rwhp is very hard to achieve maintaining street drive-ability and 98 octane...as I've just worked out lol!

 

 

well, at least going to give it my best shot, i'll be plenty happy with around 85-95rwhp, but going to give it my best shot

what happened with yours lol

btw love the new profile pic...a new project i'm guessing?

Edited by KaboomJohn111

  • Author

I've been wondering if you guys would like me to dyno the thing once it's done

enough people wanting means I'll first dyno a stock 4k motor (which is currently in my ke70...put the warm 4k into my ke55)
Then...once the I get the damn thing broken in...maybe once I get 1000 - 5000k's on the motor I'll dyno the the new 5k

If you want me to, I'll get dyno sheets for both and will even film the dyno runs and motors first run

2 hours ago, KaboomJohn111 said:

well, at least going to give it my best shot, i'll be plenty happy with around 85-95rwhp, but going to give it my best shot

what happened with yours lol

btw love the new profile pic...a new project i'm guessing?

I finished my 4k two weeks ago and had the webers tuned on the dyno. Ended with this so far....image.thumb.jpg.8ad7ea233fe2864491de6c46a1f7dae3.jpg

Thanks. It's the same project ive been working on for a while. Basically a track car that's streetable without spending crazy $$

BTW dyno graphs are encouraged. Its also satisfying to see the improvement. The above is 70% better than the motor we (mates and I) just removed.

  • Author

awesome, nice work with your 4k, I'm guessing thats rear wheel horsepower

Well at least I have some Idea what to aim for

let's see how I can do with 200ish more cc and admittedly a decent bit more dosh...I'm building the thing to last

Also another development...finally got my k-50 gearbox out of the bloody shed so I can put that on...future plans are an AE86 LSD disc brake, rear axle/diff so i can put some 4.2 gears, not so much better for freeways but now I have an k-50 to make up for it a bit, I want the thing quick and nippy, but won't end up very fast but fast enough

Also doing full suspension overhaul on the car...30mm 'low' king springs, adjustable panhard rod, new SuperPro Bushings for (swaybar, LCA's, Upper and Lower Trailing arms,, panhard rod and Steering rack), Signature Swaybar 19mm, New AJPS ball joints...(Still looking for AE86 JDM struts do can do a brake upgrade), brand new exhaust system (got a sexy new MagnaFlow Muffler, 2x18' inch resonator, hurricane headers extractors...my current ones have cracked) 

I reckon you'll be giving 100kw a good crack, my estimation around 85-90. Who needs heaps of power in these cars anyway?

  • Author
2 hours ago, SloRolla said:

I reckon you'll be giving 100kw a good crack, my estimation around 85-90. Who needs heaps of power in these cars anyway?

 I never was aiming for 100kw, I meant 100hp, I don't know why but I always prefer measuring via horsepower not Kw, true these cars don't NEED heaps of power, but if you have the opportunity there are many who would WANT heaps of power

Me I like finding a balance of power, handling and comfort (but easily sacrificial),

When the car is done, I'll be bloody stoked...also once motor is done I need to get new wheels and tyres...15x7 (+12 offset) Performance Superlites with 195/50R15 TOYO T1R tyres (never did like stretched tyres and will not suit the handling mods). Also a slight body mods...AeroKraft rear lip and Madhouse Front lip, It will look subtle (nothing extreme) but will have a nice cool factor.

Edited by KaboomJohn111
somehow spelt It, with I...

I had Toyo T1rs on my s15 silvia yrs ago, great tyre. though fairly expensive compared to what you can get these days. 

The weight of a ke70 lends itself to a more performance oriented tyre as it does wear out tyres very quick. Something like a federal 595-rsr is very good and quite cheap compared to the toyo option. A 195 50 R15 595 rsr was only about 120bucks last time i looked. the toyos would be closer to 200?

  • Author
4 hours ago, ke70dave said:

I had Toyo T1rs on my s15 silvia yrs ago, great tyre. though fairly expensive compared to what you can get these days. 

The weight of a ke70 lends itself to a more performance oriented tyre as it does wear out tyres very quick. Something like a federal 595-rsr is very good and quite cheap compared to the toyo option. A 195 50 R15 595 rsr was only about 120bucks last time i looked. the toyos would be closer to 200?

Toyo T1R's can be found at reasonable costs, nothing near $200 each
http://mswt.com.au/tyres/195-50-15-toyo-t1r-82v-clearance-special/TOMS0985

anyways more parts arrived...Hurricane headers extractors...here to extract power at the speed of revs lolol

Can you please post up a pic of the hurricanes? 

Have you measured the size of the primaries?

  • Author
23 hours ago, 7000rpm said:

Can you please post up a pic of the hurricanes? 

Have you measured the size of the primaries?

Here are the headers...they won't be blue for long, taking them to modern plating in oakleigh to high temp stirling (chrome) coat them

DSC_0387.JPG

I measured the primaries where it just goes from square to round, so might no be best measurement, but was 35mm with the vernier calipers
Actual listing (and assuming measured at around where my thumb is) states 38mm
Here is a link to specs
http://www.hurricane.com.au/hurricane/products_main.php?txt1=Headers / Manifolds
/ Turbo Exhausts&txt2=Headers / Extractors&txt3=TOYOTA&txt4=COROLLA &txt5=4 CYL&lvl1=1&lvl2=5&lvl3=29&lvl4=169&lvl5=1694#

and its part no. HU077ST

DSC_0383.JPG

DSC_0385.JPG

Edited by KaboomJohn111

Thanks John. Its a shame that most of these header supplier make uneven length 4 into 1 units for the k series. Due to the small capacity, I'm after 421 headers, same size primaries as the port.

Looks like I am going to need to get a custom set made

 

Edited by 7000rpm

  • Author
9 minutes ago, 7000rpm said:

Thanks John. Its a shame that most of these header supplier make uneven length 4 into 1 units for the k series. Due to the small capacity, I'm after 421 headers, same size primaries as the port.

Looks like I am going to need to get a custom set made

 

Yea I know what you mean, If I could find them I'd go 4-2-1 headers (I've heard they are good at scavenging or kinda put a vacuum effect to help draw out exhaust gas from cylinders), As far a I remember there was 1 person making them in Malaysia I think, I saw on the Facebook group, but can't remember the rest, but they were 4-2-1 extractors, can't remember if they were even length though

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.