Carina II '91 in United Kingdom

4A-Foottotheboards

Members dont see this ad
  • 3 weeks later...

I have ordered a 50mm Vac gauge, on Amazon, and wonder if any of you have had success with carb tuning - using the 'high mercury' vac indication for setting up.. ?

https://goo.gl/images/iSdXff

Which part of the carb vac-pipe connection did you tap into..?

4A-F

Edited by 4A-Foottotheboards

• 2 weeks later...

..... there is a vacuum tap-off pokes straight out of the inlet manifold - facing my bulkhead - and will give steady vac.

The dizzy is 'ported vac' so not steady for full range required.

Gauge should be here over next few days.... Really looking forward to some timing & carby tinkering :)

4A-F

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I robbed a part out of an MR2 column stalk to fix my own 'turn flasher' switch. The indicator had been Bzz Bzz Bzzzz - but not flashing - on right turn, so I stripped the switch apart and found the little slider worn smooth... Swapped fresh MR2 slider in and reassembled my dash.

Great fix... No parts exist(cheep£££) so it has to be spares/robbed.

46462271304_232f9f10af_c.jpg

4A-F

Edited by 4A-Foottotheboards

On 2/2/2019 at 6:31 AM, 4A-Foottotheboards said:

Cool as a.... Fosters at the barbie, m8 :)

That is a common misconception mate, we don't drink Fosters, i personally haven't seen anyone drink it since the early 80's, let alone seen it for sale in bottle shops. 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2019 at 3:59 PM, kickn5k said:

That is a common misconception mate, we don't drink Fosters, i personally haven't seen anyone drink it since the early 80's, let alone seen it for sale in bottle shops. 

I drink a fair amount of it 😂 it's in a few bottle shops near me. Actually tastes like beer and not water like great northern etc.. Oldies give you a bit of shit for drinking it however.

12 hours ago, Jono.C said:

I drink a fair amount of it 😂 it's in a few bottle shops near me. Actually tastes like beer and not water like great northern etc.. Oldies give you a bit of shit for drinking it however.

Never seen it to try it, may have too.

On 1/27/2019 at 7:39 AM, 4A-Foottotheboards said:

My silicone vac pipe tube [4mm & RED!] just arrived so I'm not short of anything for the tuneup/overhaul.....

Just it's Winter.... And damn frosty 😞

4A-F

Hows the tuning going?

I have seen a few of the old timers do it with a vac gauge, never really took much notice of it as I prefer to use a wideband o2.

Those wheels suit the sedan shape perfectly. I'd love a sedan that shape with a 20v in it.

Edited by kickn5k
  • Like 1