Mg Hillclimb...

Redwarf

Fun day had by most. As we scientifically removed one of the front wheels off the Dwarf last weekend, I was reduced to driving a Datsun. Made even better by the fact that the owner was not there to see me drive it! :D (Thanks Datgirl!)

As much as I hate to admit it, the Redatto was a hoot to drive. God, I never thought I'd say that. It stuck to the road like glue, and has more balls than a Keno barrel. It may be enough to turn me to the Dark Side! :)

post-19-1082878836.jpg

Members dont see this ad

I so meant to go watch this today. Really, I did. I thought about it, I marked it down in my diary, I remembered it and everything...

And then nothing went to plan on the white Corolla and I ended up under it for most of the day either covered in gearbox oil or water, or both. Oh well... looks like you had fun, Rob :)

BTW, nice wheels on Redatto... :D

• 1 month later...

I have remained silent so you can understand the FULL power of the lure of the Datsun!! I said nought a word and yet Redwarf loves my car unconditionally! One drive is all it takes, then you'll be converted to the side of goodness and happiness. (and before you ask, no you can't drive Redatto, Redwafs only!)

GO THE DATSUNS!!!!!!

Also have heard rumours that, due to the impending birth of "Dwarf" (second generation driving legend currently residing in belly of Mrs Redwarf - due for eviction in September), Mr Redwarf *MAY* be looking for another rally car project that *MAY* not be a Toyota!! MAY even be a Datsun.............?!!!!

read it an' weep corolla-heads

datgirl