Never Seen One Befor

Members dont see this ad

The back looks very farmiliar. I saw one of them in the driveway of a mates place (a mate who knows nothing about cars) who lives in unit 2.

I was drunk and it was really late so never worked it out. Was stock though

toyota corolla ii gp turbo / corsa

The turbo ones are only JDM - and came out with a 3ETE which is a 1.5ltr SOHC 12v 4cyl turbo, it uses a CT20 turbo so small but good enough to give it some go. from memory something like 89kw at the fly. The 3e is a good strong motor capable of making decent power when worked right.

They came from factory with some cool gear for 80's cars, mine has a 6 speaker stereo with double din head unit, bass engines under the seats with control, fully adjustable drivers bucket seats, velvour interior, air con/climate control, power steering/mirrors and crazy space ship styling.

They are FWD's and don't have much in common with corolla's but more starlets.

As for the add:

Dual stage boost control factory fitted <-- true

Spare turbo charger to go with car <-- you'll need this see below

Factory electric sunroof <--??? hmmm becareful

Pocket rocket, similar to aussie model, slightly different <-- Bullshit

Like all corollas, they rev hard and go hard. <-- true

Has an awsome whistle and flutter when backing off or changing gears <-- this is because the 3ete didn't have a factory BOV, so what your actually hearing is the turbo through the intake, that fluttering sound is the wastegate and the whistle is mostly the turbo on its way out hehe :P

I'm in the process of doing some work to my GP Turbo, it was the 1st one in Aust. to have the 4E starlet GT engine put in, and yeh I'm fixing it up.

Here is a pic of my beast:

post-5-1149156036_thumb.jpg

:P -What type of person came up with the original name of, Corolla II?? The rear end of the car reminds me of a cross between a Diahatsu Charade, Honda Civic, Holden Barina/Suzuki Swift and Mitsubishi Lancer (two door hatch). They all Had tail lights like that around that time.

Jon.

Edited by JiP_01

i think the fluter is due to compesser surge and not so much the wastegate, but it is sure to kill the turbo. sad how slowly killing a turbo has become the "cool" thing to or car lately. i.e. VL turbo

:monkey: -What type of person came up with the original name of, Corolla II?? The rear end of the car reminds me of a cross between a Diahatsu Charade, Honda Civic, Holden Barina/Suzuki Swift and Mitsubishi Lancer (two door hatch). They all Had tail lights like that around that time.

Jon.

huh-hum....*clears throat*

fogetting the most important one...lol

ke70pussywagon, thanks buddy, its stock as a rock (besides dif engine) :)

That FMIC on the ebay one is silly, its a perfect size to mount it below the rego plate (look at pic of my car) and behind the grill as there LOADS of room, the turbo ones came with a half size radiator too so paint it black and mount it on the right hand side in front of the aircon.

I've been doing some research and instead of going for a large FMIC I'm pondering on water to air ....

Also another downside with that ebay GP, if you notice the pod, its getting no flow, what the new owner can do is make a whole into the engine bay to the guard, that's what mine has when I ran the 3ETE motor... I have a cold air intake and it worked very well... now I have mine under the scope.

As for who came up with Corolla II??? Toyota did silly :P:

They make or made them overseas I think for the Japanese European markets, in America / Canada they are know as Tercel's. The styling is very 80's :D

In the pic's below see the difference in front bar's - the ones which look like mine are Corolla II's the other one is a Corsa ... what's the difference.. Between the two... the front bar and that's it to my knowledge :)

Oh some other things why these cars are cool: 900kgs, Coil over suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes and Turbo :)

Oh and an example for E series engines:

2E-e - 1.3ltr SOHC 12v 4cyl (came in carby as well as EFI) Starlet

2E-te - 1.3ltr SOHC 12v 4cyl Turbo - Starlet EP71 Turbo

3E-e - 1.5ltr SOHC 12v 4cyl (came in carby as well as EFI) - Tercel / Corolla II

3E-te - 1.5ltr SOHC 12v 4cyl Turbo - Tercel / Corolla II GP Turbo / Corsa

4E-fe - 1.3ltr DOHC 16v 4cyl - Starlet

4E-fte - 1.3ltr DOHC 16v 4cyl Turbo - Starlet / Glanza GT Turbo

5E-fe - 1.5ltr DOHC 16 4cyl - Paseo

You also have some diesel models variants too..

E - economical :monkey:

post-5-1149293271.jpg

post-5-1149293348_thumb.jpg

post-5-1149293570_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...