evilbetty

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well thats it for the moment might put a bit more up tomorrow,hope some one likes what they see over the last 4 weeks ive been working hard out to try and get this car up to scratch so i can drive it in a bit of confort,how ever there is a strange sound coming from the rear left hand wheel area which i have to investage a bit more I'm thinking its a wheel bearing.......????not sure yet,ill look in to it soon,

That is f@$king overrated... I never could think of a colour for a rolla other than matt black or dark green, but I've got to say, that blue is sweet az!!! Is it Ford Blueprint?

I love what you've done with the interior as well dude!

Now just lower the bitch, paint the wheels gloss black and leave those trim rings on, and you'll be pimpin' (I hate that word)!

woa!!! thanks guys for the great comments ,i thought the car looked ok didnt really think any one would be impressed by it since there are so many awsum looking rollas on this forum,

dan the colour isnt ford blue print its just a custom colour that i made up,it looks alot like other late model blues but i think it looks good on the old car,nice and bright and gives a very clean look too,

as for the lowering and wheels you mentioned I'm thinking about getting some alloys if i can find some that will fit ,not sure yet and yes i definatley lower it at some stage along the line feels very high of the ground like your driving a bus hahhahaha,

well ill definatley keep the shots coming in then if people are actualy liking them ,so keep what and should have more over the next few days ,please keep in mind my camera isnt the greatest and some of the pics may be a little fuzzy :thumbsup: but you get the general idea ......

ok a bit more on the old box,next is the parcel shelf,now when i first got the car i thought it would be kinda cool having a sub mounted in the parcel shelf,that is until i found out that theres a huge fuel tank right under neath!!!!!! dam it !!!!oh well out goes that idea,so instead i thought a pair of 6x9s would be ok,

but i didnt want to have the big huge frames and grills that 6x9s have on the parcel shelf,don't ask me why i don't know i just don't like the look of them i guess,so i came up with the idea to use the orginial toyota factory speaker grills instead trying to keep it sort of origninal looking ,make sense????no well then pics should tell the story,

this was a little harder than i first planed,cause i didnt want to take the rear screen out and also didnt want to take the tank out of the boot so had to work around them,

first out come the orignial 6x9 speakers ,well i just call them that there probably more like 3x5s or something they were blood small compared to the new speakers ,

now i didnt actulay take a shot of the original speakers they pretty much went straight in the bin!!!! but heres one of the old parcel shelf........

post-1560-1150071935_thumb.jpg

so that was the old shelf a bit old and the wood was abit scratched up not very tidy so a quick tidy up would be in order,but first fitting the 6x9s......

now because the new speakers were alot larger than the old they would not fit in the original holes :thumbsup:

but also because the speakers were too big the grills wouldnt were i wanted them so solution???????????

fit speakers under parcel shelf!!!!! well that had its own set of problems one being the petrol tank i wont go in to details on how i mounted them but it was a fiddly operation!!!!

so any way after all my burbling on heres the pics....

pacrcel shelf off and old speakers out.....

post-1560-1150072635_thumb.jpg

haha thanks rolla boy ,yes ive got more shots coming soon just keep watching ,love your car buy the way awsum,2 doors have always been my favourite,want to swap?????hahahhaha

any way ill gett more pics up shortly

heres one with the new speakers fitted,i got a pair of sony xplode

6x9s off ebay new for like 70 bucks ,pretty good deal,they sound a bit clearer than the old crackly 3x5s hahaha

post-1560-1150073731_thumb.jpg