4a-gte - Was 440hp, Now Supposedly 550hp!!!

ancullen

I just found this site when looking for info on 4A-GTE's: http://www.sitecenter.dk/sjctoyota/hjemmeside/. The owner claims 439hp at 1.4bar (20psi), and has now got a new, bigger (Garrett GT3582!!!) turbo and reckons he should be near 550hp on a whopping 2.5bar (36psi!!!!). I can't understand some of the stuff on his page, and I'm hoping some Scandinavian members will be able to read his page. I can't tell which country he's from as I couldn't see it mentioned anywhere on his page.

If you know which language he's speaking (and can read it), could you please help me out, as I want to try and find out as much about his engine as possible, eg. is he using forged internals, what compression he's running, how he expects the engine to hold together with the boost he's running, etc. If you can help, please reply in this topic, or PM me.

Adam

Members dont see this ad

That's a lot of horsies... I can tell you one thing, he's from Denmark (.dk). I think most Danish speak English (like the Dutch, such small countries just have to), so I assume you'll be able to communicate with him... good luck!

Just noticed this at the bottom of the hompage; "This page is also about my other projects, DFC (Denmark Fastetst Car) Etc.", so he's Danish for sure.

There's got to be something to it, as I've heard rumours of 4A-GTE's up to 400hp, but never any proof, and the most I've heard of with evidence to back it is just under 200kW at the wheels, so about 360hp at the engine. 550hp just seems too far fetched. I realise that the turbo is capable of up to 600hp (according to CAPA), but it's designed for a 3.0-4.5L engine, so regardless of whether the car is actually making 550hp, it will be laggy as all hell.

I don't know if any of you understand compressor maps (I sure as shit don't), but here's the compressor map for the GT35R (or GT3582R, whatever you want to call it):

turbo_garrett_gt35r_compressor_big.gif

I don't know if it will actually show how laggy the turbo would be, but just judging by what the turbo's designed for gives it away to me.

Edited by ancullen

theres a 7agte over here that just did 330kw on stock cams and pump gas.

so with the right parts and race fuel i can believe that power.

be a pig to drive though!!

Any idea what sort of turbo was used?

I found a kit for sale with a KKK K26 turbo going really cheap, but as I've never heard much about the K26 aside from what I've read on the net, I haven't made an offer. I know they're reasonably popular in Europe with VW's & Audi's, but that's not much help as they all seem to be used on 2.0+L engines. Think I'll stick with my idea for a Garrett GT28RS. Sounds like it'd make nice power without being too laggy on my motor.