3tc Engine Spec

hi boyz, i have just got a hold of a 3tc engine, gearbox, tail shaft and diff out of a t-18, and i was going to put it in my ke70.

i have looked around for about a hour and discovered that the 3tc is a push rod engine and it only puts out 75hp @ 5000.

but thats all i have found out.

i was thinking for the extra 17hp is it worth it?

does any one have anymore info?

i am looking about for a x member, i can get a ae71 easy or a t-18 with a bit more hassel.

i'm thinking long term too.

the 4k puts out 58hp @ 5200

the 4a-c puts out 70hp @ 4200

the 3T-GTEU puts out 160 @ 6000

and the 4A-GE put out 124 @ 6600

Members dont see this ad

The 80-81 3T-C has 75hp @ 5000rpm and 95 tf lb of torque @ 2600rpm with a C/R of 9.0:1.

The 82 3T-C has 70hp @ 4600rpm and 93 ft lb of torque @ 2400rpm with a C/R of 9.0:1.

The 4A-C also has 59kW (79hp) as stated by toyota,

There are alot of sites with different info, the info above might not even be true but its a general guide.

sorry, oh what a nissan feeling! i'm the worlds biggset tight ass.

i trade parts for parts , and so on and so forth.

so unless your trading turbo parts or selling them hella cheap or giving them away.

i can't aford them.

but one day i might, so i was asking what derection i should take. heading towards a 4age or a 3tgteu

i've got the 3t in my ke55, it goes alright, has more touque that a 4k, pulls fairly hard,

the engine aparantly only needed it mods to the mounts ( i think it only requires a hole drilled out a bit) ant he cross member will bolt in with the holes moved back

bought the car like it but it looks fairly staight forward, yuo have to be careful with the clutch as i think it is a hydrolic one, i've got a celica box in mine to keep the cable one

post-1114-1151737816_thumb.jpg

post-1114-1151737968_thumb.jpg

you could always put the 2t-g head on it, it'll sing then.

Edited by pozman