Cracked Dash Anyone???

Members dont see this ad

Yeah, this happens to a shitload of Corolla's. I had the idea of sanding it back flat, and bogging over the cracks, painting it and then trimming it, if I had a cracked dash. Though, the '55 I was going to do it to had too much rust and has now been turned into a new Toyota or something in Japan - Scrap metal.

Good luck and post pics!!!

Dan.

:dance: I know it must sound like i work for this company since i'm always recommending them, but they did a great job.

Apparently filling the gaps will only cause it to recrack when the putty/filler dries out.

Visit their site, they tell you all about it. Dashboard Restorations

Jon.

post-1158-1152083493_thumb.jpg

Edited by JiP_01

:dance: I don't know where you went but my dash wasn't as expensive as yours?? plus they have a 5 year warranty. So if after 6mths yours was cracking, you should have taken it back.

Edited by JiP_01

i went to dashboard restorations in brisbane, slacks creek from memory. As for taking it back, they offer no warranty on recolour, its ovious to me now why. The extra price was for the recolour as well.

This was not my only problem however. The paint coverage was poor, and in places there was actually sand underneath the new vynal. Imagine how good that looks on a new dash. When i went back to complain they simply gave me a jar of paint. YAY!

Talk them up all you want, you were just lucky so far. . . . . . .

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!

All i did was bog it up, sand it back until it was almost smooth. To cover it i used black boot carpet. After 14 months it still looks fine.

Thats exactly what I was going to do, but wasn't sure whether to carpet it..

I'm sure that it will be fine for at least ten years like that.. *at least*