Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2.6l Sigma Motor Into Ke35

Featured Replies

I've got a mate that wants to do this to his KE35. Hes got a 'race-prepped' 2.6L out of a Sigma sitting there and he wants to put it in his Corolla... as much as I hate the idea and think its stupid and impractical and damned near impossible, I guess I've got to prove it to him and learn about it..

 

So has anyone heard about this particular conversion, or the conversion into a similar car (Datto 120y, 1200, little Mazda's etc.). Will it even bloody work?

 

Any feedback would be appreciated.

 

Dan.

Nothing to add really, so sorry but... the astron is a fairly farken heavy motor isn't it? :hammer:

 

Pretty grunty though... guess your mate doesn't wanna tackle corners?

well my mate down here has a 2.6 sigma motor in his sigma speedway cra and got 3rd in the modified state title so they have plenty of power if you can tune them and supe them up and this motor is N/A

yea, also the timing chain setup was expensive with the balance shaft. you could get balance shaft removal kits, but the engines ran alot rougher.

 

generally sigmas were considered shitboxes. much like holdens camira.

magna efi setups could be adapted, but magnas were also expensive shitboxes (the earlier tn-tp ones anyway). probably why you hardly see any on the road these days.

  • Author

I don't mind Sigmas personally. I think that the 2.6L Astron motors are great motors.. in Sigmas. Not in bloody Corollas.

 

My mate doesn't seem to understand that his car will handle like shit with the sigma motor in it. Perhaps I should strap ten odd cement bags to his engine and tell him to go for a drive :hammer:.

 

The reason he has the engine is because his old man had a sigma that he used to race. Its a worked engine with all the shit, apparently. Hes rebuilding it at the moment and needs a new block or something like that.. anyway. Its a good engine apparently.

 

I reckon he should buy a sigma and be done with it lol.

 

Anyone know whether it will even fit into a Corolla engine bay?

I know of someone planning to put a sigma turbo motor into his ke25.

 

I wasnt that keen on the idea, but yeah, he has all the bits so I

think he's going to do it...

Edited by ROL-110

tell him to put the sigma race motor into a....sigma!

anyways, a mate of mine has a 2.6 into an early lancer (la or lb i think) but is about to put a gsr head and turbo in instead.

  • Author
tell him to put the sigma race motor into a....sigma!

 

Exactly what I've told him.... wouldn't listen to me.. obviously someone else has told him as well that has a bit more influence now, because thats exactly what hes going to do now.

 

Thank f@$king god.

 

Dan.

  • Author

:P

 

Someone who doesn't like Sigmas up there ^^^

 

lol!

a definate sigma fan thats comedy gold :P

however much the motor is worked, a rolla isnt the best reciever car i thinks, considering mitsis have pretty shit reps for poppin the good ol' head gasket, a sigma would prob be better, n then one can at least gain a little bit of manufacturer respect if that engine is indeed powerful

 

putting a 2.6 sigma motor in a ke is like putting a 13b in a commodore

 

sorry

 

Ed :P

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.