2.6l Sigma Motor Into Ke35

Dan

I've got a mate that wants to do this to his KE35. Hes got a 'race-prepped' 2.6L out of a Sigma sitting there and he wants to put it in his Corolla... as much as I hate the idea and think its stupid and impractical and damned near impossible, I guess I've got to prove it to him and learn about it..

So has anyone heard about this particular conversion, or the conversion into a similar car (Datto 120y, 1200, little Mazda's etc.). Will it even bloody work?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Dan.

Members dont see this ad

yea, also the timing chain setup was expensive with the balance shaft. you could get balance shaft removal kits, but the engines ran alot rougher.

generally sigmas were considered shitboxes. much like holdens camira.

magna efi setups could be adapted, but magnas were also expensive shitboxes (the earlier tn-tp ones anyway). probably why you hardly see any on the road these days.

I don't mind Sigmas personally. I think that the 2.6L Astron motors are great motors.. in Sigmas. Not in bloody Corollas.

My mate doesn't seem to understand that his car will handle like shit with the sigma motor in it. Perhaps I should strap ten odd cement bags to his engine and tell him to go for a drive :hammer:.

The reason he has the engine is because his old man had a sigma that he used to race. Its a worked engine with all the shit, apparently. Hes rebuilding it at the moment and needs a new block or something like that.. anyway. Its a good engine apparently.

I reckon he should buy a sigma and be done with it lol.

Anyone know whether it will even fit into a Corolla engine bay?

tell him to put the sigma race motor into a....sigma!

Exactly what I've told him.... wouldn't listen to me.. obviously someone else has told him as well that has a bit more influence now, because thats exactly what hes going to do now.

Thank f@$king god.

Dan.

however much the motor is worked, a rolla isnt the best reciever car i thinks, considering mitsis have pretty shit reps for poppin the good ol' head gasket, a sigma would prob be better, n then one can at least gain a little bit of manufacturer respect if that engine is indeed powerful

putting a 2.6 sigma motor in a ke is like putting a 13b in a commodore

sorry

Ed :P