September 2, 200620 yr Author comment_138483 I found out one of the local importers is actually in Japan at the moment sourcing parts. So today I put my order in for: 1 x TE27 Instrument Cluster & Fascia 1 x TE27 3 Gauge Cluster & Fascia 1 x TE27 Centre Console Report
September 2, 200620 yr comment_138527 reCOUPErator: "the dents in the bonnet are mainly from where i removed the badges!" How did you get them off that caused dints? Raven: Could you do me a favour and forward the prices for the TE27 parts that you are chasing. Should have tried harder to find a complete TE27 :thumbsup: Report
September 2, 200620 yr Author comment_138530 I'll have prices once I have the parts :thumbsup: Report
September 3, 200620 yr comment_138556 Are those mirrors new dude? Or off some other car, I actually like them alot, I wonder how they would look on a KE30 Report
September 3, 200620 yr Author comment_138561 Brand new mirrors. Vitaloni California is the type of mirror that they are. Report
September 7, 200620 yr Author comment_139356 So I started dismantling my RA40 celica struts today, with the intention of turning them into adjustable coil-overs for the coupe. All that is left to do on them now is drain the oil from the strut (its a wet strut system) and insert new cartridges. To get things done on the cheap side, I'll be getting my awesome neighbour that lives next door to me, to make me up the adjustable sleeves. I'll also be getting him to make me some adjustable camber tops too. The next upgrade once this is all done is to get those elusive KE30 axles, shorten them 5mm each side and do my rear brake upgrade with KE55 drums for now. So a 4 x 114.3 stud pattern is on the cards ;) Report
September 7, 200620 yr Author comment_139413 I went and spoke to my neighbour today about borrowing his vernier calipers as I needed to measure the outside diameter of the RA40 celica strut, and to my suprise, it has a 51mm OD. So now I need to source some threaded sleeves with an ID of 51mm so it fits nice n snug ;) Report
September 7, 200620 yr comment_139427 i had a bit of a mess around with a ke20 diff housing on the weekend, i used ke30 jap axles in a ke20 jap housing, and i used ke38 borwarner drums, will be a monster diff, ke55 drums should be enough for your car, they look to be as big or even bigger than the drums on the rear of a mated datto 1600, he runs a big L20 and it has no troubles pulling up, this car is looking really good, just need some bigger wheels, i hate 12" mags, i had them on my first ke20 when i bought it, put on silver RX2 wheels instead GL with it cheers james Report
September 7, 200620 yr Author comment_139428 New wheels are coming on Monday or Tuesday ;) Gonna slap those Bathurst Globes from Trendact that I'm getting on there once I've cleaned 'em up :y: Edited September 7, 200620 yr by Raven Report
September 8, 200620 yr Author comment_139577 So I went around and got prices for the Noltec Coilover Sleeve Kit. Revolution Racegear - $350 SA Suspension - $460 but he dropped to $350 Pedders - $460, wouldnt budge on the price ABS (Auto Brake Service) - $287 Trade. So Guess who's getting a coilover sleeve kit next Tuesday? :y: I also get the rims on Monday and will also have to get some strut inserts too for my struts and get the discs machined. I should be able to stop pretty well soon enough :P Edited September 8, 200620 yr by Raven Report
September 10, 200620 yr Author comment_139938 Yep, I went to ABS on Commercial Rd. BIll, i thnk his name is, is hooking me up with the parts I need. Just doing some more research on the size of my rotors and drums and this is how it goes: KE2x Corolla Rotor - 200mm KE2x Corolla Drum - 200mm RA40 Celica Disc - 254mm RA40 Celica Drum - 228.6mm So its definately a nice little brake upgrade that should see me stopping better and prepare me for my 4AGZE in the future. Report
September 12, 200620 yr Author comment_140454 Changed my mind on the brake upgrade on the front. RA60 Celica brakes are now on the menu which means my RA40 one's are for sale. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now