Raven's Ke25 Corolla Memorial Rebuild - Now Parting Out

Raven

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found out one of the local importers is actually in Japan at the moment sourcing parts.

So today I put my order in for:

1 x TE27 Instrument Cluster & Fascia

1 x TE27 3 Gauge Cluster & Fascia

1 x TE27 Centre Console

reCOUPErator: "the dents in the bonnet are mainly from where i removed the badges!"

How did you get them off that caused dints?

Raven: Could you do me a favour and forward the prices for the TE27 parts that you are chasing.

Should have tried harder to find a complete TE27 :thumbsup:

So I started dismantling my RA40 celica struts today, with the intention of turning them into adjustable coil-overs for the coupe.

All that is left to do on them now is drain the oil from the strut (its a wet strut system) and insert new cartridges.

To get things done on the cheap side, I'll be getting my awesome neighbour that lives next door to me, to make me up the adjustable sleeves.

I'll also be getting him to make me some adjustable camber tops too.

The next upgrade once this is all done is to get those elusive KE30 axles, shorten them 5mm each side and do my rear brake upgrade with KE55 drums for now.

So a 4 x 114.3 stud pattern is on the cards ;)

I went and spoke to my neighbour today about borrowing his vernier calipers as I needed to measure the outside diameter of the RA40 celica strut, and to my suprise, it has a 51mm OD.

So now I need to source some threaded sleeves with an ID of 51mm so it fits nice n snug ;)

i had a bit of a mess around with a ke20 diff housing on the weekend, i used ke30 jap axles in a ke20 jap housing, and i used ke38 borwarner drums, will be a monster diff, ke55 drums should be enough for your car, they look to be as big or even bigger than the drums on the rear of a mated datto 1600, he runs a big L20 and it has no troubles pulling up,

this car is looking really good, just need some bigger wheels, i hate 12" mags, i had them on my first ke20 when i bought it, put on silver RX2 wheels instead

GL with it

cheers james

So I went around and got prices for the Noltec Coilover Sleeve Kit.

Revolution Racegear - $350

SA Suspension - $460 but he dropped to $350

Pedders - $460, wouldnt budge on the price

ABS (Auto Brake Service) - $287 Trade.

So Guess who's getting a coilover sleeve kit next Tuesday? :y:

I also get the rims on Monday and will also have to get some strut inserts too for my struts and get the discs machined.

I should be able to stop pretty well soon enough :P

products09.jpg

Edited by Raven

Yep, I went to ABS on Commercial Rd. BIll, i thnk his name is, is hooking me up with the parts I need.

Just doing some more research on the size of my rotors and drums and this is how it goes:

KE2x Corolla Rotor - 200mm

KE2x Corolla Drum - 200mm

RA40 Celica Disc - 254mm

RA40 Celica Drum - 228.6mm

So its definately a nice little brake upgrade that should see me stopping better and prepare me for my 4AGZE in the future.