Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah mate, emmet from melville.

on another note, when you fitted the hilux diff to madtoy, did you get an extra leaf put in or anything to stop axle tramp??

as soon as i get back to perth i've got a 4.3 hilux lsd waiting to go in, but I'm not sure if the weight of the diff will be enough to stop the tramp.

let us know mate

-caibs.

you could always custom make tramp bars, but that can be a little costly, since you require certain joins and so on. but still wouldnt cost that much. depends on your budget.

caibs how much did your hilux diff cost? and what are you putting it into? if you got a full diff conversion done to fit to your car how much did that cost. I'm due to get my diff conversion done soon so just want to see some prices, although I'm thinking of going borgwarner rather than hilux.

Cheers

hey guys,i can answer that!! i used hilux diff out of 1978 hilux,later model diffs after that year are too wide..i paid $150 for mine from wreckers,but you need to change the centre before you do anything!!! mine came with 5.9s,now you can't change just the gears,you have to change the entire centre!! carrier changes with different gear sets!! i picked up a highace van centre with factory lsd and 4.11s for $90....also these diffs are 30 spline factory axles,there basicly cheap and bullitproof!!! you need to have spring hangers on the diff moved slightly,i had this done and a custom tailshaft made with new axle bearings done for $400......so about $650 all up depending on what you want.................tramp rods,go to wreckers and get lower rear control arms off 82-84ish rear wheel drive corolla,then get lower rear arm mounts off 1990 front wheel drive nissan pintara,these are bolted on via two bolts,they simply bolt under stock corolla leaf spring mounts..the front mount requires a fabricated triangular bracket..which you need to make yourself...all this basicly gives you tramp rods and only cost me $80 pair..............................PHOTOS!!! ive sent dan some pics of madtoy,hope he got them and can put them on here for me,so hassle dan..he he he... hope all this helps..cya

No problem whatsoever mate, shes bloody beautiful.. something was f@$ked up about the pictures wouldn't let me send them either, had to resize them and change their file format, but there here!

Pics;

post-684-1156163451_thumb.jpg

post-684-1156163473_thumb.jpg

post-684-1156163525_thumb.jpg

post-684-1156163544_thumb.jpg

post-684-1156163562_thumb.jpg

Whens the next burnouts/drags your gunna compete in man, wouldn't mind seeing her run :)

Dan.

yeh come down man, show alot of these hardened torana bogans what a real corolla can do. if you go there I'm most certain to actually show up for the day. makes me sick that they didnt include drags this time even tho they said they were going to try, and they were also going to have it over the weekend. i guess that will have to happen next year hopefully when the court case for AIR (Adelaide International Raceway) is resolved. Bob jane needs to die already, he is being a stubborn old bastard

Perth to Adelaide is 2000 odd kays. It is possible to do it in 20 hours if you sit on 130 the whole way, but the f@$kin kangaroos are deadly after nightfall, particularly between Kalgoorlie and Norseman, and Eucla and.. shit, forgot the last towns name at the end of the Nulla. They're big heavy bastards that will write off your car if you hit them.

Would be good to see that happen man (go to the gazzanats, not get your car written off)

Dan.

...any forum member on here,turn up at motorvation next jan will get a free lap around the motorplex!!!!! cya

hey madtoy ,

so if you happened to come down south for gazzanationals ?????? , does the offer still stand ??? :y:

ha ha , it would be good to get some interstat rollaclub cars down here?

;)

now the car side of things,

howz it coming along mate any progress??

cheers adam

hey guys,october is bit soon for me....will pen it in for next year...wasnt gazzanats early in the year???? if its early next year would be good....and yeah offer stands,i will give any rolla member a ride....as for the new project,i havnt had alot of time lately but i will say its getting out of control....I'm too busy getting my other rolla ready for the drags which starts soon..

....I'm too busy getting my other rolla ready for the drags which starts soon..

i wish our drags started up soon , its been long time no action down here. ;)

really miss the high octane , an really big revs ! :y:

it will come back , i hope so !!!! :P :P