madtoy308

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey guys,started a new project..ke 20 with gen 3 v8.. just in middle of fitting engine and havnt thought of what gearbox to use.has to be strong!!!! also after two turbos,rated bout 200+hp each...any help would be great!
get your hand off it

By the sounds of things, you need something to put your f@$king hand on you moron. If you actually thought about it, this guy has built not one, but TWO V8 Corollas before, one of them is extremely quick down the strip.

Anyway man, good luck with this. This will be one mean rolla, one bloody fast one at that... I can honestly say that this would probably be the first conversion of its kind in the Australia, probably the first internationally... what a f@$king achievement! Gotta get pics dude, by any chance did you buy the KE20 off a bloke in Beldon?

Good luck mate

Dan.

Why not use the Tremec T56 that comes standard with the Gen III? Or are you looking at using an auto? If it's an auto, can't you just use the standard T350 or whatever it is. Surely you'd be able to buy shift kits and stall converters and all that other stuff for drag racing as I would have thought that tonnes of them are used in conjunction with the Gen III.

LMFAO 200hp turbos would be on boost at like 1000rpm on a 5.7L V8. I think you'll be wanting something more in the 400-600hp range EACH. GT2540R (smallest Id go 440hp), GT30R something like that.

Go for an auto gearbox I recon. You'll have enough troubles finding traction without trying to change gears as well. I'm sure theres plenty of places out there with big auto boxes for Gen IIIs

hey guys...ive decided to use either 2 speed powerglide or turbo 350....and its for the drags,but I'm thinking street car looking as much as possible...going to keep it untubbed,just going to fit biggest tyre possible!!! and as for turbos,ive found a guy that going to suppy them,hes let me borrow two already to make manifolds.........and the turbos will be mounted above the heads and above bonnet line....as for paint,its going to be matt black...get some pics to you all once ive mounted turbos....oh and thanks for the encouragement guys,I'm commited to do this project to prove a few people anything is possible...

What kind of turbos??? Rememeber youve essentially got a pair of almost 3 litre 4cyls. The SR20 (2L 4cyl) runs up to a 320hp turbo in standard form. R34 GTRs (2.6L 6cyl) Run twin ~300hp turbos off 3cyls each. Youve got 4 cyls per turbo and even more volume. You either need 4 cheap turbos and go quads or fork out for some diecently sized turbos.