• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I've got the running problems fixed, turned out I had put the distributor back in a tooth or two off, you learn something new all the time.

Anyway, do any local brissy people have a stronger than 90psi air compressor that I could make use of, as I need to change the main oil seal and the pulley bolt has been gorilla'd back on with air tools it seems... i've tried a good torque wrench with a bit of "persuasion" plus my rattle gun to no avail, the f@$ker just won't come off.

I'd need it to come to me as the car is again in bits as i'm also replacing the exhaust with a nice 2 1/4 system (Thanks Beery!) and this week(end) would be handy

Cheers, Matt :P

I once accidently left my ratchet on the crank when I was adjusting the dizzy on the 4AC in my sprinter, went to start it and after I got it running, noticed the ratchet and bolt lying on the concrete.. Somehow the ratchet managed to hit the swaybar and it wound it off..

Best way to get it off is to key it over with a breaker bar like nick said.. We had that fun with his 4AC to replace his timing belt when he first got his AE71..