1984 Ae71 Panelvan

Nitephyre

That spoiler so doesnt do it for me dude.

I woulda gone with something along the lines of an AE82 Twinky hatch spoiler.

Yeah, I know everyone won't like it... at first it it was just a "what if" but it was such a good price I thought, meh... f@$k it :o It came of a late 70's Cortina (the roundish ones just before the square mini-XD falcon ones) :)

I'll be going to see Pedders @ Geebung soon to get the rear end sorted out, but first I'm getting the alignment/balance fixed up on Tuesday (I need a tie rod end & rack end replaced, RHS I think), as well as the brakes (probably standard for the moment) and then I think she'll be driving sweet.

Mr Dwarf, I'll pm you to see if you're available on Saturday so I can come and rummage through your nut sack.

Cheers, Matt :)

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

wOOt, I've now got the console all installed, now it's looking much better in the front. I'll chuck up a picture soon.

The dash works almost perfectly, although the trip meter seems to be working VERY slowly now... :confused: Any ideas?

I'm attaching instructions on how to install a tacho dash into an Esev van :evil:

A big shout out to Teddy who gave me the 101% overrated plastic fascia for the dash ;)

Cheers, Matt :(

INSTALL_E7_TACHO_DASH_INTO_AN_E7_PANELVAN.pdf

Edited by Nitephyre

Quick question...

What could be causing the car to be smoky at the moment...

It's full of new oil plus I put a bottle of that Old Engine Bits Coateruperer in it and a bottle of Clean All That Old Crap From The Fuel System in the last fill up.

It's mainly blowing blue smoke under hard revs, but seems to blow a small amount at normal driving.

Clues?

• 3 weeks later...

So, come on guys.... I'M VERY DISAPPOINTED!!! </5thElement>

I would have expected a lot of helpful replies from the Awesome Rollaclub Community, but I guess not... ;)

Would draining the oil and refilling help?

Robbo are you back in QLD yet, maybe I could come over and see if you could try and tune the bitch a bit.. I'd be happy to hand over some liquid persuasion...

On another note, since my calendar is now finished I was pondering whether we could plan another one, but make this one follow the financial year...