Quickest 4k In Australia

Taz_Rx

hey guys,

just though I'd ask the question - who's taken there 4K not 5k to the strip before and what have you run??

I did a 16.4 @ 130kmh on the weekend, was pretty happy with that, beat a VTiR integra, a VN commonwhore and flogged a ae92 with a 4a-fe. Then busted an axle on my last pass doing a skid. :laff:

please try to refrane from saying "I haven't actually been down a drag strip, but I reckon it'll do low 14's" cause if you have never done a proper timed run on a strip you may be quite surprised just how slow you car is!!! :laff:

so lets here some times??................ :laff:

Edited by Taz_Rx

Members dont see this ad

oh yeah spose that might be a good idea.

for anybody who hasn't seen the pics etc yet my car:

standard internals, valves etc.

camtech 609 cam

toyota ct12 turbo

mx6 front mount

vl pump and rising rate reg

fiat 128 32/32 weber in sealed box

2 stage boost controller

2 1/4 inch "dump pipe"

2 inch exhaust with very quiet muffler.

that about all thats worth a mention I think, pass was also done on 10-11psi

:laff: no offence nick, but mine ran a 17.6 with the ONLY MOD being a the 32/32 weber!!!! not even a set of extractor, let alone a cam that big!!!

was it wheel spinning much?? cause I've got a welding in mine and can launch it with absolutely no wheel spin!

Anyone cracked a 15 in a KE70 body? Using a 4K or 5K(sorry! I know you didn't want them for the times!) I'm curious... :laff:

From them things on the net... a 130hp engine in a tonne car (inc driver) should crack a 15.9...!

Real world is a fark load different though.

Anyway, I suggest a list of runs be compiled. Pity I don't have anything to add... give me a month or two.

Can't say that i've tested mine for times. But i've tested to see how fast it'll go on the highway.

same here. i know i'm not gonna get very good times so if i'm gonna waste my money i'll enter a motorkana or something and have some sliding fun at the same time :y:

So what youre saying is your car is slow, but you would prefer to sit here and pretend its fast :D

yep its slow.. no dout about that i mean what can you really expect from a 1300cc turbo???

at what point did i say it was fast??? its fast enough for a daily driver and bit of fun on the track but $80 to go in a straight line 4or 5times just an't justifiable if i'm gonna do that i'll take one of my other cars down the strip. :y:

$80!!!!!

I went to a "test and tune" on the weekend, runs from 12:00 til 4:30 with about 30 cars. could have done about 10 passes if I wanted!!!

cost - $35 driver entry for public liability insurance etc, and $10 for a ANDRA (Aus National Drag Racing Assoc.) day licence!!

I was crossing the line at 130kmh, that was gunna cost me more than $45 to do on the open road!! :y: