Toyota.....self Fixing Cars??

Falken_KE30

strange thing happened today..

Had to drive up to town (50 odd kays away), I'm a p plater so 80kays only.

when i left the 30 was running nice, bit loud from the blown muffler :y:

got just to town and it lost all power, backfiring on acceleration, stalling, sounded like a friggen rotary but with a rumble...i thought maybe a pushrod or 2 fell off the rocker arm or whatever it is..

parked the car about 8kays from city center, walked into city did what i ahd to do and walked back..

got into the 30, started it..still sounded like crap, but i drove it anyway, i just needed to get it home so i can pull the 3k out of it.

got about 5kays from my house (still on the highway) had to slow down to 30 for a slow driver, i then booted it 2nd, got about 70kays, then straight into 4th and putted home..

got home and the car is running smooth, no poping, no over heating, sounds quieter!!!

WTF happend??? got no idea, could it have been dirty fuel?, i dunno..

anyone else had this happen??

Members dont see this ad

i had a fuel blockage in my 82, it ran ok while cruising but soon as you give it some it would cough, fart and carry on.i just had to turn the car off wait for the shit to go back in the tank start it up off i went again and ran good.maybe when you where flogen it it backfired and cleaned out ya carby :y: .

Might sound stupid, but have you checked the connection on your leads? If they are loose.. it could cause it. Happened to my mates car, he bought new leads ($20 from Supercheap) and the problem mysteriously went away. He did replace his spark plugs too, but the leads were very loose fitting.