My Ke55 Is Running Like A Bag Of $h!+

KDoG

Hey guys,

My KE55 was running like a gem 2-3 months ago. I had it on my front lawn for a while untill i cleaned out the garage, I then had it in the shed and it was runing fine. I went out to start it up about a month ago and it was coughing and spluttering. I can hear it is only running on 3 or less cyl's so i checked the leads, they were fine, then plugs number one was a lil black but not too bad., the rest were fine. I have been told it may be the carb is dirty??? I aint too flash with probs like these.

Help anyone please.

Oh and i scored some mags, 13" ENKEI Limited COMPE's. 5 of the little buggers, they are superlites I beleave and they weigh 3/5's of F#%k all

P9060001.jpg

P9060002.jpg

P9060003.jpg

I can't get the images to show up.....

Edited by irokin

Members dont see this ad

If you're still having trouble, try revving the motor up with the air filter off, at high rev's put your hand over the inlet and almost completely seal it, making the motor run real rich. Quickly remove your hand and continue pumping the throttle to keep it running. Alot of the time this will suck alot of crap out of the jets.

Might be time for a can of carby clean or a rekit if the electrics all check out fine.

if it sounds like its only running on 3 cylinders or less you should give all your ignition leads a check distributor caps and dizzy, and a plug change (making sure you set the gaps properly too )

hope it helps

counc

I have checked the leads and they are all fine. I even put on another set i had sitin in the boot.

The dizzy looks perfect. The plugs are fine, Ill try the hand over the carb trick once i put some more fuel in the beast.

I got the mags for a good price as they were taking up room in my boss's shed. The mrs thinks they look dodgy (what would she know). What are these mags worth these days?? are we talking a couple of hundred or what?

Thanks for the help guy's

I chucked some fuel in it with some carbie cleaner and gave it a few stabs and tried the hand over carb at high revs thing and it seems to be running normal. I am not sure if its 100% as it sounds asif its missing every 3-4 seconds. Does anyone know any good mechanic/ someone who knows how these things are ment to run??

EDIT; I'm in Caboolture/ Morayfield

Edited by KDoG

funny you should say that, i have the same problem when i put my foot flat on the floor it has a little splutter and then gathers the revs up, I'm pretty sure my problem is a worn dissy cap could be the same for you

That happens in Billie too, but only when the engine is cold....give it a bit of choke, and warm it up for 5 minutes or so, and it goes away completely.

Not the best thing to have happen in the middle of an intersection, so thats why I always warm it up

how did you check the leads? did you check their resistance?

were the other leads you used new or old ones as well?

i think its leads or points

i once had a set of leads on an astina that all 4 fired when u took them off the plug, made the idle go funny when you took any of them off

but was missing under load and to a lesser extent at idle

went through everything imaginable, until i realised the leads were originals...200,000 km old and about 3 times the resistance they should be

new leads = problem gone!

try it, leads for a K motor arnt expensive