2003 Toyota Formula Atlantic Specs

irokin

c'mon, it could at least do a run in rev and burnout! yay top fueller 4k ;)

A very possible thing.

Get your prefered block builder to carve you up a block with no waterjackets with 4K bore and stroke specifications (around $5000 USD)

Get billet alloy crank, conrods, pistons. ($1000 for the crank, $1000 for the rods, $2000 for the pistons)

Custom forged head (no water jackets once again...and not pushrod, go twincam) $8000+

billet uber huge custom cams ($500+ each)

Blower or turbo (Really unsure here, blowers chew heaps of HP but turbos take a fair bit of exhaust gas to spool....) $2000+

Custom dry sump $1000 (keep all that nasty nitromethane soaked oil out of the engine as much as possible)

mechanical injectors, manifold etc $1000

probably some other stuff Ive missed but we're looking at a grand total of around $22000+ (probably more in the vecinity of $50,000 considering all the custom gear)

Horsepower capability? really don't know... run it on nitromethane at 55psi boost...and I recon youd drop below 10 secs

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

say you had a weight with engine driver and fuel of 1900lb (863kg) and dropped 100hp to spin the driveline, that's a 9.4 second quarter

man what a ripoff, 50k sunk into a v8 or rotor (or f@$k even a decent six) would get you into eights at least! there's only so much power you can make with 1300cc ;)

do any of you know cameron who i bought my ke25 off? he used to have a ke30 with a turbo 5K, and a ke30 with an L20B? when i bought the mango, he had a fwd U31 bluebird (import turbo one). apparently he got bored with it, i sms'ed him a while back, and he said he was now driving an sr20det ke70 with 220rwhp ;)

I think that at last calculation Avalonea has about 200kw at the flywheel (untuned)

His car scares me as it is... I can't imagine having that much power on tap in a LIGHTER CAR

i could very well live with that kind of power.

i had a te cortina fitted with the 4.1 6 cyl, i blew up the auto and fitted a 4 speed, then used my welding skills and made a manifold that held twin turbos. i got it running sweet with a handful of other goodies, and it spun the locked diff and 2 wheels in all for gears on bitumen, anyday of the week. 120k\mh, drop back into 3rd and thump it, and the car slid sideways with a trail of smoke until 150kmh, back into 4th and tramp it again and it did the same thing.

anyway everyone who ever went for a ride in this car shat themselves, but i was cool, and always enjoyed the power

this car was a absolute wild boar, but the power was so much fun

Seriously, Avalonea's SR20DET + Irokin's KE20 + 315mm wide rubber (and driveline to match)

I think that at last calculation Avalonea has about 200kw at the flywheel (untuned)

His car scares me as it is... I can't imagine having that much power on tap in a LIGHTER CAR

Went for a ride in Josh's car in the wet the other day, he wasn't even nailing it and it was breaking traction *GRINZ*