September 12, 200620 yr comment_140423 hopefully someone can help me out here , i am fitting a ca18det into my ke 20 and wondering if it is possible to fit s13 brakes to it and if so what parts do i need, thanks!!! Edited September 12, 200620 yr by 12die4 Report
September 12, 200620 yr comment_140443 usually you would do some research, and find something that looks like fitting, or has been done before, rather than just picking a random car, and deciding you want its brakes. :D Report
September 12, 200620 yr Author comment_140447 yea the thing is though i already have the disks and calipers , i know they are often fitted to datsuns along with s4 rx7 brakes jus wondering , what are the common upgrades for ke20s ,I'm aiming to have around 280kw atw so i need to be able to stop!!! Report
September 12, 200620 yr comment_140455 I'm working on RA60 Celica struts with a coilover sleeve kit fitted. Disc size is 258mm and its vented. Report
September 12, 200620 yr comment_140456 Fair enough, anything is possible, i don't think ive seen it done to a rola before though.... Report
September 12, 200620 yr comment_140459 R32 is overkill. I had ca18det brakes on my turbo 1200 sedan and let's just say it was a good thing the navigator had a harness on everytime I braked. *edit*: To add to that if you run r32 4spots you will need nothing smaller than a 16 inch wheel with some crappy offset to clear the calipers and then a buttload of flaring. My 1200 ran had a bit of flaring and ran fwd offset 14inch rims. Look at fitting the complete strut assembly, lower controls arms and tie rod ends out of an s13. To give you an idea I ran as above assembly, r31 castor bars with a bit of extra thread turned onto them and I then had the 1200 tie rods outer thread returned to suit s13 tie rod ends. Pretty sure with enough stuffing around you could easily do a similar setup on a ke20. Edited September 12, 200620 yr by NoPsi Report
September 12, 200620 yr Author comment_140460 cool what calipers are you using ???I'm going with coilovers too ive heard that s14 struts will fit , does annyone know if its true ???? Report
September 12, 200620 yr comment_140461 I just used std ca18det calipers. You don't need bigger. More than likely running the 4pots and sticky tires you will find yourself ripping castor bars off the framework. Coilovers will fit easy. Don;t buy second hand jap crap. You will regret it. get some koni inserts put into std s13 struts and then do a coilover conversion on them. Report
September 12, 200620 yr comment_140463 ,I'm aiming to have around 280kw atw so i need to be able to stop!!! I have a great deal of issues with this. 280 kw ATW is approximately 360 kw at the engine. This being about 485 hp. Apart from the fact that I think this is a full of shit figure, you want to put this in a KE20? You'll end up with more chassis twist than you can poke a stick at. Stopping is going to be the least of your problems. R Report
September 12, 200620 yr Author comment_140465 sounds good has annyone put s13 struts into a ke20 corolla ????? Report
September 12, 200620 yr Author comment_140477 280 rwkw is a very realistic figure i got 262 rwkw out of a ca18det in a nissan gazelle on 17psi , planing on running the same running gear in the rolla on 22 psi with a better exhaust and retunt i hope i can get there , any ideas about stopping the chasis twist ??? or brakes to stop the dam thing Report
September 12, 200620 yr comment_140483 Yep. Seam-weld the whole chassis and box the chassis rails (what chassis rails it has anyway) Report
September 12, 200620 yr comment_140484 Shock to shock roll welded in roll cage with tabs will reduce twist easier than anything else. Celica/ Corona struts with Peugeot rotors and hilux/ Cruiser 4 spots. Pintara rear rotors with Nissan 2 spots. Report
September 12, 200620 yr comment_140485 put up some pictures of the car and a dyno graph when you are done. Report
September 12, 200620 yr comment_140512 Any late model silvia LCA will be no good, I've been told you'll have about 4-5 degree's of negative camber. I've heard that pintara arms are the deal to get the right camber on KE30- KE70's, apparently the KE20 LCA's aren't as wide. I reakon you'll have to I was also looking at some R31 skyline LCA's the other day and they seemed to look about the same length as a KE55 arm. I posted this up ages ago when I found it, might be worth a read over. S13 into AE86 Guide Edited September 12, 200620 yr by beerhead Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now