New Ke-55 Bodykit - Quoted Free!

Chet

hey all,

i am making a full bodyit for my 79 rolla,

all out of cardboard ( don't worry, i do have other things to do in my spare time but i am making

a movie of it for a school project, a take off of pimp my ride)

anywhoo, i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of what i should do to make it

look dodgy-good, if you know what i mean.

so far i have an idea for my hood, where i will put a large black garbage bag over it to make

it looks like i have a matt black / carbon bonnet.

other ideas are numerous glowsticks under car for neons.

any other wacky suggestions?

help would be appreciated.

thanks,

chet

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

whaat u serious? i'd have thought it would rip the paint off

*edit* well Gaffa deffinatly would

Sure am, I was using ordinary clear packing tape and they complained about residue and so on (as you would after you just paid $30,000+) work told me to use duct tape and i have now for a few months and have not seen any residue or any paint coming off.

hmm fair enough, but is the paint brittle on what ever you are using the tape on?

because mine comes off with my finger

If the paint's that bad then you might have a problem no matter what tape you use. Electrical tape might not take the paint off, but it probably won't hold the 'bodykit' on either.

Oh yeah, as for other ideas, you might want to make your own rims with aluminium foil. Make a big outside rim and stick it to the sidewall of your tyres, as far out from the centre as possible. Then make a few straight spokes which connect in the centre. Bling, bling baby!

While doing your before shot you could, if you have any, jack the car up and hold it up on some stands while the wheels are still touching the ground. This would make the car look high off the ground and on the after shout remove the stands so it looks lowered.

haha some sweet ideas guys, thanks.

for the lowering i was going to just get everyone to stand in the boot

but the jacking up and then taking them out sounds better.

I was thinking of making spinners, full alfoil and shit, but have to figure out a way to.

i was going to get some old pvc piping and spray paint it black for the exhaust, have 4 exhaust tips.

i have got heaps of cardboard from work, so I'm all set with cardboard.

keep the ideas rolling in, i will post some pics up next week once ive filmed it.

cheers,

chet