Everything posted by 7000rpm
-
5k Engine for Ke70
Can you please post up a pic of the hurricanes? Have you measured the size of the primaries?
-
AE86 Springs for T18 Struts?
Thanks for the advice guys. looks like i will order lowered t18 springs to suit. Not sure where to get shortened shocks to suit though? Oh and yes i have adjustable camber tops
-
KE55 Distibutor Cap
Bosch dizzy caps are typically black and nippon the burnt orange colour most spare parts shops will have aftermarket brands to fit either, fairly easy to get hold of
-
Cam shaft recommendations
I went auckland 873, quite an agressive grind. Budget about $300ish from memory, plus $88 for lifters May I suggest you increase the compression ratio while you're at it. Might only be a small ratio increase if keeping the stock carb (to avoid detonation),though every bit helps.
-
5k Engine for Ke70
I finished my 4k two weeks ago and had the webers tuned on the dyno. Ended with this so far.... Thanks. It's the same project ive been working on for a while. Basically a track car that's streetable without spending crazy $$ BTW dyno graphs are encouraged. Its also satisfying to see the improvement. The above is 70% better than the motor we (mates and I) just removed.
-
Cam shaft recommendations
Welcome Ben, I sent my cam to new zealand for regrinding http://www.aucklandcams.co.nz/cam_listings.php?title=TOYOTA 3K-4K In Nsw there are these guys http://www.camtechcams.com.au/toy_4cyl_3k4k.html There are others in aust that I am sure the guys will reply with. I suggest you get your lifters resurfaced at the same time, and dizzy regraphed if they offer the service.
-
How do electric fuel pumps work for a 3K?
Yes. If he can't find one, happy to post out. Like any fellow car enthusiast having a go, I am always happy to help
-
5k Engine for Ke70
100rwhp is very hard to achieve maintaining street drive-ability and 98 octane...as I've just worked out lol!
-
AE86 Springs for T18 Struts?
Hi Guys I have searched and find conflicting info Bought some T18 series 2 front struts for my Ke70. I need some lowered springs. As ae86's are more common, wondering if anyone has tried fitting them? I have called a reputable parts supplier that advised they are different diameters and don't directly fit. Cheers
-
How do electric fuel pumps work for a 3K?
Ive got a spare mechanical pump and carby here you can have for minimumal cost if needed (pm me)
-
How do electric fuel pumps work for a 3K?
What carburettor are you using Mark?
-
KE35 Hardtop
244 degrees duration at .050" (288 advertised) .453" valve lift. nah, twin 45mm webers. 32/36 is too small for a track engine chasing power
-
How do electric fuel pumps work for a 3K?
same here
-
KE35 Hardtop
The costs of any conversion add up considerably quickly. 2tgs have good torque and reasonable power, but are heavy for the front of a corolla chassis. 4ages are much more efficient and lighter, but again dollars to convert. I just built a 4k for the track that is still streetable. Using a 3k big port head, it makes 84hp at the wheels and holds power to 7200rpm. In hindsight, I should have built a 5k as the extra torque comes hassle free. For hillclimbs, you are going to want the low down torque. I would build a 5k or 7k. Just be mindful that the k series gearbox and diff might not like the torque of the 7k after a period of time, pending how you drive it. By the way nice setup car mate, looks like a good buy
-
How do electric fuel pumps work for a 3K?
Shadowing what pete is saying above, my tuner just fitted an electric pump for my webers and used an LPG type switch setup. It gets a pulse signal from the ignition coil, so stops working once the engine turns off.
-
5k Engine for Ke70
Same place. I recently had camtech re surface my solids for $88 While you are at it, may as well ask them if they specify a certain valve spring seat pressure for their cam. That will resolve the valve spring debate
-
5k Engine for Ke70
Nice progress Jon
-
5k Engine for Ke70
Ok. when do you need it by?
-
5k Engine for Ke70
Have all the parts here when you are ready John
-
The Princess's Rolla
This sounds like a concern. Should be a mist if fuel
-
3K oil pan
I just had to do this on a ke70. loosened engine mount nuts, jacked up the engine from the gearbox bellhousing and moved the sway bar out of the way. Had to twist the pan sideways to clear the oil pick up
-
The Princess's Rolla
Apart from what the guys are suggesting, have you checked that the intake manifold gasket is not sucking in unmetred air? Sounds like a lean flatspot. May test by squiriting water over it and seeing if the idle changes. I have a spare stock carby you can have for minimal cost plus postage if that helps?
-
5k Engine for Ke70
When I was looking into this with Stewart wilkins and my machine shop, shortening the a15 valve didn't seem to be a good option. That's why we looked at the L Series. In the end, I was working to a budget and worked with of the stock ones. In hindsight, I should have just bought the a15 ones and chanced it. If your 5k has adjustment screws on the rockers, your in business
-
5k Engine for Ke70
I think your idea would work. I have a spare rocker cover, flywheel and various other k series parts. just ask and I will likely have lol! Most people re use their valves. I have a some used ones if needed? You can use A15 datsun valves that are 1mm larger, but have longer stems. I know someone that just throws them in and says its ok with the rocker geometry as the 4k rocker gear is adjustable. Might be a problem if you have 5k non-adjustable rockers perhaps? Alternatively you can buy L series datsun valves and have them turned down to suit. http://www.swmotorsport.com.au/index.php?cPath=9_20
-
5k Engine for Ke70
Yep http://www.romac.com.au/TCS_Aust.html