Everything posted by 7000rpm
- 5K/t40 Rattle
-
3K Engine Type
If the back of your cylinder head has a welsh plug, it's likely to be a big port type head
-
How Big To Big Camshaft 5K
My old 5k had a 280 advert duration cam and with 10:1 comp, wasn't big enough for high rpm. I'm assuming you still have the hydraulic lifter gear? I like your setup. I would say the powerband might be 3500-7500/8000 rpm. Keen to see how you go?
-
How Big To Big Camshaft 5K
What is the duration at .050?
-
Ported Heads
Cool. Nice work on that manifold too
-
Ported Heads
http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?app=core&module=attach§ion=attach&attach_rel_module=msg&attach_id=117111 This is the head I plan on using. Wanting to run 11.5:1 comp. Gavin can i ask what carbs you are using and if you have any dyno results?
-
Ported Heads
Nice work. I am currently rebuilding mine for track use, using a ported 3k head. Has been ported to approx 33mm inlets How much compression are you looking at running?
- 12A Into Ke30
- Exhaust Header
-
2tgeu ke70 Conversion
Couldn't you use the T18 crossmember? I like this project. Have considered doing the exact same thing to our 70 track car, but am going down the hot 4k path. Gee you got that engine and gearbox package cheap! Was that from an importer? Are you keeping the stock Efi system?
- My 1974 Ke20
-
Wheel Hop
On a similar note, i found my ke70 rear hopping when going from flat out in 3rd, back to second under brakes on the track. Although all bushes need replacing, i dare say what you are advising Altezzaclub is the issue i have. Falcon spring on stock shockies
-
Oversize 4K
Yes if the bore is still the original size being 75mm
-
My Ke55
Be interesting to see your car up against a 4age coverted ke
-
My Ke55
Great thanks for that. I have similar plans to build my 4k, but it's for track use. Do you have a dyno graph available?
-
My Ke55
Mate that is bulk power out of a K series, congrats! Mind sharing with us what work has been done and specs?
-
Master Cylinder
Thanks for the detailed explanation Banjo, much appreciated. I was looked for a cheaper alternative to willwoods and this may be it!
-
Master Cylinder
Thanks Banjo, that sounds awesome! I'm going to go to the wrekers and see what I can find. I am running MA61 wheels so this should be ideal So you welded the ke70 lower spring perchs onto the celica struts? I gather that I might be able to use the ke70 strut tops also? Cheers Wayne
-
K Series Engine Machine Shops
Hi Guys, I was wondering if anyone knows of a machine shop, preferably in Sydney, that has alot of experience with the k series engines? Whilst they are a simple engine that any shop can machine up, I am seeking a shop that has built them for racing Thanks
-
Master Cylinder
Hi Banjo, Can you please tell us about your cressida caliper and rotor upgrade? I'm looking for options on my ke70 Thanks
-
Ebay Headers. Worth A Try?
We bought these ones. http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYOTA-COROLLA-1970-TO-1984-KE20-TO-KE70-MODELS-3K-AND-4K-HEADERS-EXTRACTORS-/251719304959?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a9ba3c6ff&vxp=mtr
-
Ebay Headers. Worth A Try?
Link doesnt work. If its the $190 ones, we just fittec a set this week. So far so good
-
4K Gasket Variations?
Thanks gents
-
4K Gasket Variations?
Altezzaclub, where and what brand 1 piece manifold gasket do you speak of please? Recenty coudnt find one..
-
Audi 2.5L 5Cly In Kexx
Mate please save yourself the pain and expense and find another alternative