Great Ocean Rd Cruise. 27-28jan '07 Aus Day Weekend

TheNOBBLER

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BIG BIG thanks to Jarrad and Mel for a great weekend, yes she made it back no problems except for the little issues earlier in the day and the traffic coming home from portsea, rye and rosebud it was a good run. Did anyone get held up i had to sit behinde an old guy in an overpiced vw 4*4(porsche) for about 15-20 km at about 50kph tops. :D

wanted to be the first to post a couple of photos crap but hey.

stu.

post-2201-1169970728_thumb.jpg

sorry for the angle

post-2201-1169970789_thumb.jpg

round the twist lightouse(on the steer)

Edited by kickn5k

Well... what a weekend!

Teddy made it back to the plane on time so all is good there and it seems we all made it home safe and sound!

I want to thank everyone who made the trip, wouldnt have been the same without all of you! A very big thankyou to the SA crew for there mad dash to have Sams car ready for the run and then drive for 12+ hours! And another huge thankyou to Teddy for flying in and having a ball with us!

It was bloody great to meet you all and we will definentally be doing something similar next year!

Will have pics and vids up asap!

Jarrad

Leigh said to say thanks he made it for some of butterfly effect.

and something like that again next year would be great, if so id go back with the sa boys if they come again and take the folloing week off and go to toyotafest the next weekend if it worked out then would make a great week and a bit.

Edited by kickn5k

Great people, great cars, great weekend.

Thanks heaps to Nobbler for organising, and to his better half for all her effort too. :D

All my pics are on the good computer, so when I get a minute I'll sort through them and post up the gems.

Hoping the Adelaide crew got off that mountain safely... Which will be forever known as Rolla Spur.

Looking forward to next year. :y:

(Now when I click Add Reply, I'll be able to see how old my profile is...)

Hoping the Adelaide crew got off that mountain safely... Which will be forever known as Rolla Spur.

Hey Anthony here, one of the SA boyz... : :y:)

We got down ok, bit of fun though.

We had a great weekend, just a bit of a long drive. Sam's car had some overheating issues on the way home, which led to a bit of time madly searching for water. :D:D

Big thanks to Jarred and to everyone for the company, looking forward the next one...

Hi all,

Yes what a fantastic weekend, i certainly agree - glad pozman told me about it! can't wait till next year, and we'll work on some more people to build numbers, they've got all year to get their beasts on the road, i'll be bringing mine for sure!

Thanks for organising Jarrod, thanks Mel for the showbags, and i'd definitely like to get hold of a rollaclub.com sticker so if anyone knows how thats done, let me know!

Take it easy all, i'd love to know how the SA boys went on the dirt windys, i was so jealous looking back at you all in your RWD's as we left you to drift the day away - i would have been there in a flash!

Nice to have met you all, see ya next time!!

- Shane.

P.S - I wanna post up some pictures, is there a 'better' way of posting up lots of pictures? ie. external hosting? let me know!

Hey guys

Got back about 40 mins ago. I'm sunburnt from the drive. We hardly stopped on the way home and we made it home in 8.5 hours :D

We came across an Emu crossing the road as well, which I had to get on the horn to get the bastard to move. Also saw a mother Emu with her 5 or six young ones high-tailing it too.

Glad to see everyone had a good time and a big thanks goes out to Jarrad for organising the trip and a big thanks to Teddy for making the trip down. Hope you enjoyed yourself dude.

Hopefully we'll get more people out next year as it was well worth it and speaking of next year, we stayed over in Portland, Victoria last night and it was quite nice, so I'm thinkin' that since its our turn here to organise the trip, maybe Portland and somewhere a bit further along the coast in SA might be worth staying at for a weekend :y:

I think we estimate about $300 in fuel for the Supra. So taking the rolla next year. Haha.

I got 134 pics too which I'll host in a sub-directory on my photobucket account once I've got all the decent ones.

Cheers

Mick

Edited by Raven

I think we estimate about $300 in fuel for the Supra. So taking the rolla next year.

wow got lost in torquay and caught in bad traffic close to home and whent to a mates. Filled up in lorne on the way there $20 and then last night after a wash $19 to fill again so $39 all up not quite a full tank. sorry to give ya`ll that info, but given the run is prob now half of kms ive driven in the car and not wanting to get matts weekend off to a bad start before it began, i wasnt keen to push it too hard. So its now time for a brake booster for some confidence and it on like donkey kong and a neck bone baby. There you are good enough excuse?

Edited by kickn5k

Hey guys, thanks all for coming, great group of guys (and chicks!). I'm glad we made the effort and drove all that way! Big thanks to Jarrad and Mel for all their effort! And for everyone else crusing down (or flying :y: ) Devastated that i had to go to bed early saturday night :D next time ill sleep before we drive!!

Looking forward to next year, and bathurst!! Hoping i can make that cruise too!!

LOL, thanks heaps for showing us that awesome road!Couldnt get over how good it was, and wish i had a camera at the time (and another couple of hours...lol)

Anyway, thanks again guys

Sam

Ah, its about time i posted :D !

Well, what an amazing weekend. i don't know where to start.. maybe the beginning would work :dance:

So, friday at 5:30 my virgin blue flight down to MEL was pretty cool. Virgin blue are a pretty trashy company to flywith, compaired to Quantas. I don't think ill fly them again, simply because the way they do things is like driving a Kia Rio, compaired to Quantas's Lexus service.

Anways got down there sometime around 10 pm? The hole daylight savings is good and bad.. hahah Mexicans do alot of things a little backwards down there :D !

It was my first flight alone, so that was pretty cool. I enjoyed the freedom, knowing there was a bunch of people at the other end that ive never met before, yet knowing most things about all of them. hahah, Its a weird feeling. Walking off the terminal, I found Nobbler & his lovely 1/2 Mel waiting for me. Talk about service from (at that point) pretty much straingers to me, in real life. After some hellos and lots of smiles, we walked back to the car which they had paked in the airport :D !

Jarrads Twinky is Loud, Low and Cool. Love the twinkys :D. So, after realzing MEL airport is so much larger than i expected from Google earth (someone say there carpark is awesome? - weeee for the multi story fun-park :y: ) - i was gorking around for quite some time at just the size of the place. We set off to drop my luggage off at there house, and proceede for a tour of the City and some nice hot spots. Melbourne is so much larger than Brisbane, and wow, talk about culture and a large designed city. Brisbane better wake up to it self. FFS ! Also, I'm in love with the general temperature of melbourne, i think.. altho its got 20+ seasons a day in melbourne, i can live with that. Bring on the COLD :)

After doing a tour through some of the streets, we found a carpark, and walked around for a bit. Ended up stoping at an italian place in little italy, for dinner. MMMMMm that was nice. I had Lasarnia ;) . Waitress was an elderly woman.. was kinda refreshing to see some older people working in the industry for once. Bit more professsional i thought.

Icecream was next, across the street. Yummy 3 flavours in a tub.. I'm addicted to pinapple, rasberry and this berry icecream now LOL. Whilst eating and walking, it was amazing to see how many people just do laps down there.. but in GOOD cars. Porshe, Ferrari's, Lamborgs.. etc. But theres also a high % of bogan-rice getting around.

Next was the trip the long way home. Saw the MEL uni, which has its own post code - got big?!, the MEL cup raceway, the trams, the old trainstations, ah, the good roads ! and a city that has space between the buildings. OMFG !

We got back home at midnight, and slept pretty good, considering 6 hours later we were up and packing for the big trip. After 3 peoples stuff + camping stuff was put into the twinky.. well, it was low before. Now it was just insane. hahahaha.

5 minutes down the road, we met up at the Mobil fuel staion for some octain and brekky @ mackers. We were joined by Ben and his 5 series BMW with Shane & his other 1/2 (i don't know how to spell her name sorry!). Pozzman - Paul - was also in the BMW. Hahah, you guys are such good value :D. Shortly after that, we were joined by Mopar Man & his misses Liz. His green ke20 = LOVE it. Its so clean, so origional, and wow.. he can drive that thing ;)

We headed off to Queensclif via a few more short stops along the way to join up with webbers 4x48 (Lee & his partner) and Stu (kickin5k). By the time we got to queensclif, the weather had changed about 200 times, and was kidna rainy- when we arrived. We did the meet n greet for about 10, then proceded onto our destination.

On the way, we did a bit of a detour; going upto the lighhouse where "around the twist" was filmed. Yes, that was reallllllly intresting. And a little chilly hahah. It was this point from when i changed from jarads twinky into Kickin 5k's little Ke11. I'm in love with the old corolas now haha. Its got a 5kJ with twin Su's. For what it is, it goes nicely. :). Stu and i had a good old chat. Great bloke; offers alot to this club :)

Basically, we had a camera going for MOST of the trip. So, there are hours of footage from the trip, which will be making its way to a screen near you shortly. The camera was rotated between cars, so there was a bit of everything!

Next on the trip was Apollo bay via the great ocean road :). On the way, there was a very funny picture (I'm up loading my stuff soon dw) of a holden barina which had smashed into a wall, with bits of front end EVERYWHERE, and right behind it was a big mofo sign "Please clean up your rubbish" or something. We were all pissing our selves.. and when you see the pic, it will make sence. Up the road, there was an EA falcon that had been a stolen-dumped.. yeha, it was pretty badly 0wned.

Apart from the cars we saw, and the slow traffic on some parts.. the views were just second to none. Wow.. just awesome. Some nice road as well, with some not so nice parts hahah. We stoped in a town about 3/4 there to get fuel and have a bit of a stretch... Cherry ripe and coke FTW :D. Little Ke11 took $20 of fuel, and was full again. Gota love a car that really does run on the sent of an oily rag.

Yada yada, we basically got into apollo bay mid afternoon and set up camp. All sat around for ages and just chilled.. was really good. hahah drinks started at about this time :D. Later on we all descided to go for some chew and spew at one of the many local food outlets that the town provided. Fatty food for all was a good choice. More like brunch with a difference. Mel booked the pub for dinner up the road, and were glad she did !

At this time, the weather was coldish, but sunny. We all walked over the road to the beach, and sat around over there for a while acting like clowns. Mel was the closes to getting into the water, while the rest of us made paterns in the sand with our feet. Shane & his misses had a sand fight which was highly amusing, leading to him being almost burried in sand & trying to go to sleep.

Eventually, after going back to camp and spending more time talking cars, and the girls getting an education on corollas in general (haha, seriously they were so paitent at putting up with us talk about *cars* for 2 days straight. Quite a good bunch :) ) At this time, The SA team arrived after many mechanial marvals and problems, with no sleep from the night before.. why, because they were all driving ! They had to wait 2 hours for the fuel station to open also.. which would of sucked.

Migrating to the pub was next, with us filling up 20 spots. The food was reallly quick, and was really enjoyable. It also didnt cost THAT much.. for most of us anway (looks side ways at Leigh & his seafood cravings hahahah !). We ended up staying there for AGggesss, talking and just running a muck between our selves (in good manor). Exchanging storys was cool, everyone had something quite funny to say. As a group, it was descided to go to to carnival across the road for the remander of the evening, Going on a few rides. The bumper cars was the main attraction, being run by a bunch of funny bastards that couldnt give 2 hoots, it was pretty much a -head - on - fest. heheheheh driving a bumper cart with 15?ih others that were quite tipsy by this stadge was *highly* amusing. I know a few of us wont forget the 1 poor kid that got on in our session.. hahah he got (as its said) *Pwn3d* quite badly ;)

By this time, it was midnight.. give or take a bit. We basically headed back to camp, via wathing the po-po patrol the road alll night. Wow, that cop had the bigest mustash, i think it was heaver than the bull bar on the nissan patrol. When camp was reached - within 1/2 hour, everyone was basically Zzzzzzzzzzz. Altho ben did go for an explore in his beema, i must say that thing sounds HORN at night through the forest lol.

I awoke to some strange, illegal hour the next morning. After farting around, Jarrad and Mel made bacon and eggs for us all, which was TOPS. It was even in the rain, so another hands down to them. We had to be out by 10, so it was a bit of a spirited morning to get some photos in, pull down the tents (did i mention that putting the tents up was fun.. the wind was about 100 miles an hour :P ) and pack stuff away. Leigh and his partner went early to big day out, the rest of us left later on.

It was liz's 19th birthday on the sunday, so we all hope she enjoyed her self.. haha, shes awesome to talk to, just a little shy. That cake she got looks tops, I'm glad they didnt take it out of the car :D ! It was about now that The green Ke20 & its owners departed for home via another route, which we later found out was *an awesome ride* !

The group that was left had some brunch at the shops, milkshakes of all. Now, we got chocolate and vanilla, kandis (is that how its spelt sorry) shows us later she got a radioactive waist-green shake; which caused an amusing descussion lol ..ahh..i remember all the weird things don't i :P

Now, whats better than tuning a ke70 after morning tea in the local carpark, with the cops driving by? hahah, after pluging up a vacume leak from the manifold, and timimng the car - ye old 70 was alive again :D (one of the S/A boys cars). BTW, i was stoked that team airodymanics had turned up, olympic edition ke70 and Ae71 spirit :D

Again, back on the road via a dirt road out west, we waved goodbye to our S/A friends. The BMW & Twinky were left, and we headed back home along the great ocean drive. Again, it was just amazing.. the views are just so amazing. Pics will come !!!!. We went Via one of Mel's relatieves houses, and got to meet them all. A great family, full of life. It was at this point i realized how good it was to be in a town i had never seen before, with people i hardly knew, and 2 hosts that i hadnt known for more than 36 hours yet lol. As crazy as that sounds, it was one of the best things ive expirenced in aggesss. :dance:

The remanding trip home was pretty cool.. we went a different way and stoped a few times. Over powered slurpies and magmem ego's FTW ! wow.. melbournes sooo dry atm btw; i thought brisbane was bad... !

By the time we got home, it was 50 mins untill i had to be at the airport. I packed my stuff up, and got my self all set to go. I was pretty gutted it had gone sooo fast, and my holiday was over already ! I said my good bye's to the house and car, knowing i wouldnt be seeing that, or antying behind the direction we were headed to the airport for quite some time. So, back at the airport, we arrived early luckly, because the que got very long.. very quickly after we arrived. A short look around the airpot to fill in time soon ended, to walk back to terminal 2 to see it had started to bord. I was pretty sad to say good by to my faultless & amazing hosts; they made my holiday second to none. It was frekin awesome. I remember the last thing i said was.. "again, thankyou so much for everything.. i guess ill see you on the other side" (refuring to the internet).

I gave my final wave, and borded the quantas 737 back home. Its just amazing how planes work, and how they fly... and crap. I enjoy going on them.. haha, I'm such an aiport-flight food junkie :P !! Got to sit beside 2 pepper-pots on the way home (a pepper pot - a elderly woman that likes to make excessive noise and humming / arring noises to anything of any value. Eg. Movies and TV. Will also talk about anythng trival, or found in a popular magazine.) Seeing melbourne from the sky in the day was just amazing.. its like google earth, but bigger.. and live.

Mum and dad were waiting at the other end as i walked off the terminal.

Its been a day already, and here i am typing this. its like 11 pm now, and ive been typing for an hour. Sorry, I'm not going to spell check this, or try and read over it again, because i have work.

I will say a final thankyou to everyone who turned up - you wont believe it, but you guys down there are so similar to us up here .. you all kinda relate to one of us up here lol (will say more tomrrow when I'm not stufed :P). I'm so proud that we have the same club, australian wide, which was just that easy for me to fit into, when really i didnt and still don't know that much about all of you. Its the best holiday i think ive ever had, and ive already saved up for the next one :)

And finally, the hosts Jarrad and Mel - haha, you guys rock. Youve done us proud :D Oh, and welcome to the region leader position hahah !

Goodnight, over n out.

Ted