Jamboree

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very mature and intelligent coversation boys! :dry: See what I mean covergirl? The difference is that older guys are probably thinking it, whereas younger guys just say it! :) But then again, I shouldn't be so harsh, some chicks dig that kind of talk. Horses for courses and all that! :)

Now, about that Jamboree thing - I agree with Super Jamie. It is well worth getting up at stupid o'clock just to watch machinery just get to the events! I have seen some wicked things on the way to many a motorkhana or autocross. Plus the cold air is pretty nice free horsepower for the cars. The flip side is that the datto is a bugger to start on a cold morning (no choke)!

offtopic: nick......i have one on the drivers side.....but never been able to get up enough courage to drill holes into the passenger side door....hahahaha.....i do have a passenger one somewhere...

ontopic: yeah i have to "get the foot into it" when the choke doesnt engage properly.....personally i don't mind....i like control though...hehehe

if you do put a passenger side mirror on (and there are two different types for ke30/55, short stork and long stork) go to the wreckers and pull the drivers side one off a car, and get the little panel that sits behind the mirror that the screws thread into. if you're like me, you'll get the factory screws too, so everything is genuine toyota

fastening your mirror to your door with self tappers is not good

i am going to do this myself one day, when i can be bothered to get the panel from a ke20. i'll measure the distance the drivers mirror holes are in and down and attempt to copy that on the passenger side. i will also drill a pilot hole and check my work so it's as accurate as factory. get a little brush and spray some paint (primer will do) into a lid and paint the inside edge of the new holes so they don't rust

measure 10 million times, drill once

On the KE55 (and possibly KE3x) that little panel is spotwelded to the door skin so you can't pull it off. But it's not difficult to make another one of those, just a piece of say 1mm steel and spotweld 2 nuts to it.

Alternatively you can be like me and use nutserts :)

And yes, self tappers in general are not good for anything. I think HAL probably has... very minimal number of self tappers - from memory only the roof rail seals are being held in by self tappers, everything else has been replaced with proper bolts.