TheNOBBLER

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pitty that my rolla is stayin as a daily. Whether thats pitty for me or you guys (cam n jarrad) I'm not sure. It just means that I'll hav to bring out the BEAST!!!!!!!

Mwahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

But seriously Jarrad, from that list, it sounds like its goin to be a hell of a little beasty :P

Pitty that my rolla is stayin as a daily. Whether thats pitty for me or you guys (cam n jarrad) I'm not sure. It just means that I'll hav to bring out the BEAST!!!!!!!

Mwahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

But seriously Jarrad, from that list, it sounds like its goin to be a hell of a little beasty :P

Cheers mate,

Just remember... be nice when you bring out the beast... I don't want to be sucked into those webbers!

• 4 weeks later...

Well. about time I updated again as alot has happened!

I havent felt like updating for a while, in fact, I havent wanted to look at the '82 in a while!

A couple of weeks ago I was on my way to my uncles in Doncaster (other side of Melb to me) and had a front tyre blow out on the freeway! That was an interesting experience... and I was pissed as they were my new wheels! So, after changing that on the side of the freeway... not a fun experience either! I was on my way again.

Another shithouse thing to find that day was that my uncles Gemini that I'm working on has completely rusted out the bottom of both A pillers! I have spent 18months on and off doing rest of the body only to find that! Was having a great day by now!

Ok, so about 7pm I decided to head home (45min drive), and was enjoying this... despite having interesting traction troubles with the rock hard spare on! I was driving past flemington race course when I smelt smoke... not good! Then I looked at the front drivers wheel arch and white smoke was pouring out, I thought the spare was farked as well but it was fine... then I looked in the rear view mirror... and couldnt see a thing throught the white cloud following me! I (really) quickly pulled over only to be greeted with flames under the car and licking out the edges of the bonnet!!!

Not Good! Grabbed my fire extinguisher and put it all out.

So now shes in the shed after an RACV tow home... Melted plug leads, dizzy cap, wiring etc etc. Not to mention oil and fire extiguisher powder everywhere!

The problem ended up being a snapped oil pressure T piece. It snapped just inside the block pouring oil everywhere and catching fire!

So, I have bought another car and I'm waiting till I can face the bloody thing, have to buy a few parts to get her going and then I can see if I have any internal damage from lack of oil, I hope thats not the case as the engine has only been in there since christmas!

Hope you like the pics... Sorry about the quality... mobile phone on the side of the road!

post-1248-1175478562_thumb.jpgpost-1248-1175478597_thumb.jpg

Jarrad

Just another quick note...

The reason why all this engine trouble started is because I was broken into the wednesday before... They stole my custom guage console and guages plus all of my cds... not happy! I changed from a mechanical oil pressure guage to an electric one and also changed the T piece which turned out to be faulty.. but they will only cover the cost of a new T piece :D

So all in all, I wouldnt have changed a thing and caught fire if it wasnt for some bloody thieving bastards!

really sorry to hear it dude, i know i'd be ringing up legal aid for advice on how to fark up those idiots who sold ya that t piece, and if that tont work ive got plenty of bricks to throw thu their window hehe :D

Edited by ROLLLA

Wheel braces are easier to throw!

Thanks all, provided there is no internal damage it will be back on the road sometime in the near(ish) future!

I bought the part from a large autoparts company... But they hold no liability, only the supplier. I have contacted them but it seems they had there ass covered with the "for off road use only" line... They will cover the cost of a new T piece and thats it!

Ahh well, I'm not going to bother kicking up a fus... just get my ass into gear and get it going again!

At least now I can strip the trim out like I have always wanted and add a cage etc for when I get serious around the race track!

Will keep you updated!

ive been 10 foot under in tafe for the last month and didtn see this...

ohh what a pity to see it like this - it was sooo nice when i saw it last :D !!!

adleast all is good, and it didnt burn to the ground.. ugh...

can't wait to see the out come of it ;) !!

Wheel braces are easier to throw!

Thanks all, provided there is no internal damage it will be back on the road sometime in the near(ish) future!

I bought the part from a large autoparts company... But they hold no liability, only the supplier. I have contacted them but it seems they had there ass covered with the "for off road use only" line... They will cover the cost of a new T piece and thats it!

Ahh well, I'm not going to bother kicking up a fus... just get my ass into gear and get it going again!

At least now I can strip the trim out like I have always wanted and add a cage etc for when I get serious around the race track!

Will keep you updated!

If thats what happened on a street car i wouldnt wanna use it on a race car.

I replied to this the other day but my mates computer mustn't like this site!

Trev, your right, I wouldnt want to use it ona race car. I'm not planning on using one again actually, not worth the hassle! I'm just going to use a guage and settle for that, no problem there.

Teddy, your right mate... at least it didnt burn completely... whats a bit of paint and a fire? haha, gives me an excuse to do something to it!

Hey bud, sorry to hear about the car. Did u carry a fire extinguisher in the car, is that what stopped it?

Matt

Cheers mate...

Yeah, always carry one... I guess I'm a little funny that way. I try to be prepared! Thankfully I stopped it before to much happened... will see how it goes once I get it started again!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, time for an update!

The Rolla is up and running again! Bloody stoaked!

After alot of sursing, drilling and finally taping the oil pressure line whole out I got her running again... with no bad noises or problems! YAY!

Since she is no longer a daily driver I can now stat getting it ready to race... still going to drive it on the street but I want to compete in club level events... so the first thing to go was most of the trim! Heres the result!

21-04-07_1745.jpg

21-04-07_1744.jpg

21-04-07_1743.jpg

Now I can't wait to the next rollaclub event!

If you look in the 1st pic you can see my tool bag... made it up for the wheel brace etc... I love beeing a trimmer! lol

Jarrad

Edited by TheNOBBLER