Wth: Engine Crane!!!

tas_ae71

hey,

I'm after the useage of a engine crane, need it for 1-2 weeks... starting now

perfure somewhere between dev and launnie (tassie)

will dontate a few bucks, ke70/ae71 parts or some piss to anyone who can help me out in my time of need...

reply or PM thanks

aaron

Members dont see this ad

na not much in the way of metal laying around, if i had to buy all the steel, ram, chain, castor wheels all new it would be probaly as much if not more.. plus the time.. sorry i don't htink its viable for me. thanks for the thought tho, they say thats what counts :P

still havnt got hold of one :) any help is aprecated

Hi,

I made those plans as I did a 4K swap in my car and couldnt aford to buy a crane but had spare metal and a RAM at home. But I was able to loan a crane so it saved me making it still.

Crane hire is about $50 a day here in QLD so probably about the same for Tas.

But the plans might come in handy on the forum for someone one day so though I should post them up.

Cameron

Have you got a few spare wheels lying around (you'll need about 10)? Just set it up with a bar across the tyres onto each side of the car, and slowly just place one tyre under each side at a time. Its dodgy but it works if you really need to pull an engine out. Otherwise if they're just k motors take the manifold off and lift it out, I can lift k motors by myself and I'm 15, you should be able to with another person piece of piss.

Unless you have a bobcat... :P

Me and Trev lifted a K motor out of my KE30 and used motor bike trailer straps to hold it to the roof so one lifted and one tightened the straps easy..lol

Just going in a crane would be good so to save cost of crane hire remove it by your self.

Cameron

AH memories :P