Si's 5kte Ke55

Taz_Rx

Members dont see this ad

Took a mate for a thrash yesty arvo. Dragged a coupel of ricers up the outlet, didn't know I had a leaking water hose. Boiled it dry and blew a head gasket!! :S

Oh well will get 5k here by next week, change heads and drop it in for a month and a half with the carby stuff.

Took a mate for a thrash yesty arvo. Dragged a coupel of ricers up the outlet, didn't know I had a leaking water hose. Boiled it dry and blew a head gasket!! :S

Oh well will get 5k here by next week, change heads and drop it in for a month and a half with the carby stuff.

I'm gonna box that stuff up tonight man, sorry been HELL busy.

No what its like Matt, I've only just recovered from Targa Tas myself.

Ideally I need the head by next week end, cause I should have the 5k by then.

Removal of the carby stuff from my car, and re-fit to new car is booked in for the week end of the 30th of June, so I don't need the manifold until then.

Actually, if you sent both in 1 box it may be over ausposts cubic metre rule. If this is the case them I HAVE to get it couriered which will cost heaps from WA! so it may be a good idea to send the head and mani seperately.

What did we agree on for the head?? think it was like $150 freighted?? I'll check my PM's :S

No what its like Matt, I've only just recovered from Targa Tas myself.

Ideally I need the head by next week end, cause I should have the 5k by then.

Removal of the carby stuff from my car, and re-fit to new car is booked in for the week end of the 30th of June, so I don't need the manifold until then.

Actually, if you sent both in 1 box it may be over ausposts cubic metre rule. If this is the case them I HAVE to get it couriered which will cost heaps from WA! so it may be a good idea to send the head and mani seperately.

What did we agree on for the head?? think it was like $150 freighted?? I'll check my PM's :S

PM sent

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, new stuff is coming in thick and fast. Got about 1 month now befor the carby stuff is sold (30/6-1/7).

Stripped all the carby stuff back off last night and started test fitting these goddies.

100_0991.jpg

100_0992.jpg

100_0995.jpg

Gunna have some fun trying to fit a turbo in the below gap. was actually hoping to hang the turbo from the ex main like on a silvia etc, but theres no way thats gunna happen. The dump pipe I have bought now won't fit.

Anybody with a t25/28 silvia, 180, 200sx etc wanna buy a stainless split dump pipe?? IROKIN??

100_0993.jpg

and heres the td04 sorta sitting in its usual spot to show how little room I will have.

100_0994.jpg

Edited by Taz_Rx

Hey guys, new stuff is coming in thick and fast. Got about 1 month now befor the carby stuff is sold (30/6-1/7).

Stripped all the carby stuff back off last night and started test fitting these goddies.

100_0991.jpg

100_0992.jpg

100_0995.jpg

Gunna have some fun trying to fit a turbo in the below gap. was actually hoping to hang the turbo from the ex main like on a silvia etc, but theres no way thats gunna happen. The dump pipe I have bought now won't fit.

Anybody with a t25/28 silvia, 180, 200sx etc wanna buy a stainless split dump pipe?? IROKIN??

100_0993.jpg

and heres the td04 sorta sitting in its usual spot to show how little room I will have.

100_0994.jpg

Argh that'l fit easy Si, my 10's got heaps less room than your thing.HAve a look at how i did mine that might help????.

What flange is that turbo

I knew you would say how the 10 has less room than the 55!!:D

Yeah I had a good look through that 7k into ke10 thread again to see how you did yours. At this stage I'm thinking about even starting from just a exhaust manifold flange rather than the extractors and make it all fit real nice. I'll get my exhaust guy to come round and have a look, make his recomendations (cause he's the one who'l have to make it) and then make a decision.

I now want to built an etntry class rally car out of the old bus, so I can then keep the extractors for that, only other mods to this car will be the 609 and maybe a nikki. Caged and lightened.

Thats just the td04, which is going. t28 will fit a lot better than that as the td04 has quite large flanges, well espeacially the dump pipe flange.

I knew you would say how the 10 has less room than the 55!!:D

Yeah I had a good look through that 7k into ke10 thread again to see how you did yours. At this stage I'm thinking about even starting from just a exhaust manifold flange rather than the extractors and make it all fit real nice. I'll get my exhaust guy to come round and have a look, make his recomendations (cause he's the one who'l have to make it) and then make a decision.

I now want to built an etntry class rally car out of the old bus, so I can then keep the extractors for that, only other mods to this car will be the 609 and maybe a nikki. Caged and lightened.

Thats just the td04, which is going. t28 will fit a lot better than that as the td04 has quite large flanges, well espeacially the dump pipe flange.

Oh ok your going t28, good boy. the clearance looks similar but i think you may have a little more than me, my T25 hybrid has a slightly smaller compressor cover BUT a suitably larger comp wheel so i get a bit more clearance than if i had a t28 comp cover./

yeah guy I know has a spare t28 off a GTR. This bits a little off topic but oh well. He's had an 11 second VL turbo for a while, has a HUGE turbonectics (IIRC) turbo on it. Has just taken the VL off the road and stripped it. Bought him self an RB26DETT head for the RB30 and is using the turbonetics (hence the t28's being available). yeah yeah, but heres the cool bit - this RB30/26 hybrid is going to be in a tubbed, 2 speed powerglide, andra approved 10 second UC Torana hatch that will also be fully road registered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

anyway, back onto my car! :( I know the GTR t28 is not the best t2 flange turbo I can be buying, but I will just get it running with this for a while till I can get my hand on a GTiR t28 or maybe a disco potato!! :D

yeah guy I know has a spare t28 off a GTR. This bits a little off topic but oh well. He's had an 11 second VL turbo for a while, has a HUGE turbonectics (IIRC) turbo on it. Has just taken the VL off the road and stripped it. Bought him self an RB26DETT head for the RB30 and is using the turbonetics (hence the t28's being available). yeah yeah, but heres the cool bit - this RB30/26 hybrid is going to be in a tubbed, 2 speed powerglide, andra approved 10 second UC Torana hatch that will also be fully road registered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

anyway, back onto my car! :( I know the GTR t28 is not the best t2 flange turbo I can be buying, but I will just get it running with this for a while till I can get my hand on a GTiR t28 or maybe a disco potato!! :D

The GTR T28 will do just fine mate, youll see. How much boost you wanting to run anyhow.

more than you!! :D

the eventual plan is be running around 25psi, but this may well be done with a disco potato or GT25/30 etc in around another 12 months. we'll see.

and yes, I am looking into injectors. Thinking maybe 4agze items as they can support 73hp each. That give me total hp potential of over 300hp, which the 5k will never make.

twincharging may also be on the cards within next 12 months also!! :)

more than you!! :sob:

the eventual plan is be running around 25psi, but this may well be done with a disco potato or GT25/30 etc in around another 12 months. we'll see.

and yes, I am looking into injectors. Thinking maybe 4agze items as they can support 73hp each. That give me total hp potential of over 300hp, which the 5k will never make.

twincharging may also be on the cards within next 12 months also!! :hmm:

HEHE man that intercooler will support about 8PSI, so piss that off those injectors are good for 12PSI and WTF is a disco potato i keep hearing about.

I run 7M injectors they flow 300cc ,now i will be running GZE very soon once i fit my 3Bar MAP and retune.

Just remember that you must run a HKS turbo to make any power now.!!!!!!!!!!!

HEHE man that intercooler will support about 8PSI, so piss that off those injectors are good for 12PSI and WTF is a disco potato i keep hearing about.

I run 7M injectors they flow 300cc ,now i will be running GZE very soon once i fit my 3Bar MAP and retune.

Just remember that you must run a HKS turbo to make any power now.!!!!!!!!!!!

The mx6 cooler has been sold with the carby set up. Probably be using a 13bt top mount, that has been modded for frount mount.....for the pricely sum of a six pack of TED's!! :dance: Need it soo if you read this ED! :sob:

Its flowed over 20psi before with no dramas.

As for injectors looks like I will have the choice of GZE ones or maybe even some 1J items.

speaking of map sensors, will i deffinately need one? or does it depend on what type of ECU I use??

Oh yeah HKS ftw!! :hmm:

Disco potato is a GT28RS, very common upgrade for drift sr20's as the make real good power with some high boost, but are also really reponsive.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Garrett-GT28RS-Disc...VQQcmdZViewItem