Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Si's 5kte Ke55

Featured Replies

Saw you last night in town ol' boy, your bus is looking tops!

 

Those flares are bloody sex ;)

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Views 793.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Looks a bit more like a motor again! Tried to bolt the manifold on this afternoon and managed to pull a stud out of the head 🤬 will have to wait until Monday now to get a helicoil for it. Once I'

  • So long overdue update. Guess I'll be doing what will become inevitable in a lot of backyard garages in the coming months (Hey let's look at the positives) and getting some work done in this!! Wh

  • Hehe....breaking traction in second....with the potenzas!

Posted Images

  • Author

thanks josh. could you hear the gear box!!?? ;) Its so farked now, gunna have to do a swap real soon, but hopefully with in a week I might have some rocking horse shit!! (K to T bell housing that is!! :P ) and then I won't destroy a T50.

 

Little birdy told me you wrote off the 70 a few eeks ago!! got any pics of the aftermath?

Well boys and girls,.......its finally going again, and going bloody well.

 

still sorting a couple of little issues today, but apart from that its all good and I'm very happy.

as you will notice I have also put the hotwires on her, as they actually have tread!!

 

Next on the list to do over the next few weeks is:

 

Get new bolts and flare tubing for the flares. paint them and fit them properly.

 

Get new steel radiator hoses made. current ones look shite.

 

Good cut and polish

 

Get some new covers for the rear number plate lights. If anybody has some rust free ones let me know.

 

Put some Advan A032R tyres on the westerns.

anyway heres some pics I took this morning.

100_0689.jpg

100_0690.jpg

100_0692.jpg

Hotties

100_0693.jpg

 

And this was something I did weeks ago, but can only now see the result:

before......................

100_0102.jpg

 

and after...................

100_0691.jpg

Might get a vid up soon aswell! ;)

 

Geez that is looking very tidy i must say Si,i beeter get to and tidy my lot up ey,how does it feel with the new setup,Mate grab and efi setup ASAP you wont look back,its a bit more cost but the tuning capabilities are endless mate as you well know.

 

Does the bumometer tell a good story and how much boost you running,also where did you get the oil cooler adapter from.

 

Keep up the good work.

 

Matt

  • Author

Yeah I wanna do a rebuild in 6 months or so and then go EFI.

 

Do you still have that 4k head?? Cause I like to add that as part of the rebuild. Consider it sold if you do still have it. :y:

 

Running 5 and 10psi at the moment. ;)

 

What do you mean by the bumometre, talking about ride hieght? if so its nice and rigit, handles like a go-kart, but is still not too harse that I wouldn't want to drive it to hobart!

 

Would highly recommend one of those oil adapter plates. got mine for $80 (with a slight discount) from bursons. They even have a thermostat in them!! :P

 

 

Also, how are you going with gearboxs?? mine don't last long lately. the one in it currently is real close to death. thats why I'm praying this guy comes through with the K-T bell housing.

Yeah I wanna do a rebuild in 6 months or so and then go EFI.

 

Do you still have that 4k head?? Cause I like to add that as part of the rebuild. Consider it sold if you do still have it. :y:

 

Running 5 and 10psi at the moment. ;)

 

What do you mean by the bumometre, talking about ride hieght? if so its nice and rigit, handles like a go-kart, but is still not too harse that I wouldn't want to drive it to hobart!

 

Would highly recommend one of those oil adapter plates. got mine for $80 (with a slight discount) from bursons. They even have a thermostat in them!! :P

Also, how are you going with gearboxs?? mine don't last long lately. the one in it currently is real close to death. thats why I'm praying this guy comes through with the K-T bell housing.

 

 

By the BUMOMETER i mean has the seat of your pants feeling changed ,does it have more grunt.

 

Gearboxes are ok but ive stripped the teeth of one just the other day so ive backed of the tune down low to save it I HOPE till i can do the K-T bit.

thanks josh. could you hear the gear box!!?? ;) Its so farked now, gunna have to do a swap real soon, but hopefully with in a week I might have some rocking horse shit!! (K to T bell housing that is!! :P ) and then I won't destroy a T50.

 

Little birdy told me you wrote off the 70 a few eeks ago!! got any pics of the aftermath?

 

Haha, nah you were sitting at the lights near charcoal, I was hookin' past in my cressida.

 

K to T bellhousing?! how the hell did you get your hands on one of them!? Nice work though!

 

Yeah the '70 had a bit of a dent in it but she'll be back soon! :y:

Just got booked in for dyno tuning next Friday!!! :P

 

What you hopin for Si

  • Author

Haven't really got a figure in mind but 90-100kw would be nice!

 

Power figure to me really is just a bragging right, its only going onto the dyno to try and get it running 100%, rather than 80%.

 

Mechanic gave me no garentees but I mentioned to him that I'm thinking about EFI. Just gotta find a computer cheap enough, then I'll either go 7K like you or maybe falcon injection on the stock manifold.

 

You went to the drags on Wednesday didn't you?? how'd ya go??

Haven't really got a figure in mind but 90-100kw would be nice!

 

Power figure to me really is just a bragging right, its only going onto the dyno to try and get it running 100%, rather than 80%.

 

Mechanic gave me no garentees but I mentioned to him that I'm thinking about EFI. Just gotta find a computer cheap enough, then I'll either go 7K like you or maybe falcon injection on the stock manifold.

 

You went to the drags on Wednesday didn't you?? how'd ya go??

 

Yeah ran 13.7 @103.

 

Got a few issues to sort out,but was happy with that with first run on about 16 PSi as clutch wouldn't hold anymore than that and gearing is all wrong for any bigger MPH at this stage.

 

Just make sure its on a DD dyno mate or you might get flamed.

 

Heres a few pics from wed night,hope you don't mind.

post-1140-1174041544_thumb.jpg

post-1140-1174041787_thumb.jpg

Edited by madrolla68

holy shit!

 

5ket here i come

 

 

Hey you like that shit don't ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P yeah i do, still waiting for a full engine spec list too!

:P yeah i do, still waiting for a full engine spec list too!

 

Ill do one soon for ya mate :o

  • Author

HELL YEAH, thats quicker than my mazda!!! :P top effort!

 

Not sure what type the dyno is, I know he comes accross the wrong way most of the time, but he means well.

Just seems like one of those "tell it how it is guys" and people take that as arogance.

 

 

OH heres some food for thought for you too Matt.

Member on here and one of my mates noticed I was chasing this K-T. Rang me up to tell me that apparently the town aces that have 5k's with column shift have removable bell housing. These bell housing can then be bolted to a W series gearbox!!!!!!

May be a better option for both of us to look into! :o

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.