Si's 5kte Ke55

Taz_Rx

though it was about time I updated with some of my progress. :D

Been working on the car I bought off Rob1, just been trying to do stuff at the moment that doesn't require taking my other rolla off the road.

anyway here a couple of the first night I started working on it. NOTE: the front does not have any springs or shocks in it atm, waiting on new shockies. the struts are being held in and upright by the rope you can see in the engine bay.

100_0314.jpg

100_0316.jpg

Camber!!!! :y:

100_0315.jpg

Members dont see this ad

firstly started hiding the wiring in the engine bay by running it through the guards, so..................

gettn naked!!

100_0317.jpg

just took the front guards and stone tray off in one, much easier, plus, since Ive been working on it bover a few weeks i can just slide the front end back on, put in a couple of bolts finger tight, alside the bumper in and its all good till next time I want to work on it.

100_0318.jpg

were the wiring looms come through the fire wall I have just drilled a hole the in the inner guard.

100_0321.jpg

painted the inner guards, ran the wires through the box section at the top you can see.

100_0319.jpg

100_0320.jpg

engine bay before I started, will have a pic of it all clean soon. btw this cross member is modified for a T series and will be for sle if anbody wants it!!!!!

100_0322.jpg

Pulled the fuel tank out and lines out, gave the boot bout an hour of scrubbing, and fitted the fuel cell.

100_0436.jpg

100_0437.jpg

100_0438.jpg

thanks guys

I drive a work van so both my cars don't get driven that often...mazda hasn't been driven since sports compacts (but thats cause the diffs hell noisy) plan with the corolla is to have a tough 4k thats still practical but equipped for a club day etc. mazda will always out power it but also out handle and out break but thats just gunna be a nice comfortable, 4 door, but still fast cruiser. :D

got heaps of work done last night. :)

Spayed front and back of front panel, after cutting extra holes for flow through the radiator. also cut heap out of the passenger side of the front to try and mount the cooler far enough back that I don't have to cut the grill.

also painted headlight brackets and the bonnet latch and re-did the stone tray, all matt black.

Bolted all of the front end back on. also put on another badgeless grill that has been sprayed gloss black.

Looking pretty cool, will have more pix soon. :o

Oh, and ALL wiring apart from fuel system and main run up the car is done. engine bay looks so much cleaner now without any wiring!! :)

didn't like that bumper so I swapped it for this one. has been thoroughly cleaned but not polished yet. :)

100_0491.jpg

when doing the wiring, I ran it into the guards just next to where it comes throught the fire wall and used an old bung as a grommet.

100_0484.jpg

spend nearly 2 hours vacuuming. did you use it as a kennel or something rob?? :P fark there was some dog hair in it!! :D

can you tell which side has been done?? :hmm:

100_0483.jpg

finished. :cool:

100_0492.jpg