Si's 5kte Ke55

Taz_Rx

Members dont see this ad

haha, was that at one of the ignition DVD shoots? think I did burnouts at both!! :y:

if it was the first one, I only had about 2.5' worth of exhaust and it sounded pretty cool baking it!

You gunna be coming on this toyota cruise on the 13th, I probably will be, so you can have a look at it there. :no2:

haha, was that at one of the ignition DVD shoots? think I did burnouts at both!! :D

if it was the first one, I only had about 2.5' worth of exhaust and it sounded pretty cool baking it!

You gunna be coming on this toyota cruise on the 13th, I probably will be, so you can have a look at it there. :)

yeah it was, not sure if it was first or second one i only went to one of them, i was driving a mates dark blue 86 with bbs style rims

dunno if my car will be running by then, if it is i will have no exhaust most likely but thats no probs

cheers

the first one was over next to the uni part of the queen victoria museum and art gallery, thats when I had no exhaust.

second one was over the back side of arora stadium off churchil park road under the funny wavey roof of the train shed.

Was hoping I might have my **new car** all done by the cruise, but it won't, so I'll have to bring the shitter. :D

Picked up the new car on Saturday (thats why I didn't make it to the cruise) and work has begun!! :)

Heres some piccies of the custom dash I have been working on for the new car.

1: mark and cut out MDF for guages,

100_0184.jpg

100_0185.jpg

2: drill holes with hole saw for guages. I used a drill press with the platform on an angle to get the guages angled towards the driver a little.

100_0187.jpg

100_0188.jpg

3: the drivers side of the holes then needed filing back so that I could get the guages to sit in far enough on the passenger side.

100_0190.jpg

100_0191.jpg

4: After some more filing to make it fit onto the dash nicely in was then screwed down.

I also cut way the required plastic from behind to fit the guages.

100_0194.jpg

100_0195.jpg

5: then began the bogging to mould it into the dash.

100_0261.jpg

100_0264.jpg

In the above pic you can also see the other guage i've been working on - the tacho, I'll post a couple more pics of that soon.

6: After more bogging and heaps of sanding I sprayed the whole thing in spray putty. This was for 2 reasons: to smooth out the bumpy finish that the standard dash plastic has, and to cover the MDF with a layer of something non-porus like the MDF. if anybody has ever spayed straight onto MDF they'll know what I'm on about, the MDF soaks up the paint and looks shit, takes like 10 coats to make it look any good.

sorry I don't have a pic of in in spray putty.

7: paint time. I just used some paint I found down stairs at first, can said silver, but it turned out to be that fake chrome stuff. Didn't like the look of it so I sanded it back. thats what this pic is of, the sanded back paint. The 3 lights below the boost guage are for oil pressure, charge, and the thermo fan (lights green when on) i had to relocate the oil and charge lights because of where I put the tacho.

100_0289.jpg

heres a couple more of the tacho.

I used the same tacho I had in the old rolla, can see pics of it on the first page.

after removing the fuel guage, temp guage, oil and charge lights a cut out a heap of plastic to accomodate the back of the tacho inside the instrument panel.

I then trimmed back and filed the face of the tacho to fit inside the standard plastic dome. I also had to drill a hole in this for the shift light knob. once it was all fitted, most of the wiring was a piece of piss. what i did was drill into the back of the intrument panel through the plastic circuit board to pick up the required circuits, ie, on power, earth, allumination etc. I also ran some wires for the new oil and charge lights the same way off the circuit sheet.

100_0262.jpg

100_0263.jpg