Si's 5kte Ke55

Taz_Rx

I made that on 8 psi! :no2:

Was up til 3 on friday night building the 5k, swapping bits over, and swapping engine. Had an early start again today and was working on it most of the day.

Got it running fine in the end, had it at about 14psi (will upload a vid of the boost guage later). Still only running 20o, so I might bump that up a bit soon. 5k isn't quite as much more power as I was expecting, but I'm just putting that down to the low comp. Need more boost and spark now!!! :wink:

Not much need for pic, looks just like it did befor cause I swapped all my polished bits over.

Hey with that head, did you send it back the second time to get it welded nere the number 2 plug?

When we first got it running it was weeping oil out from the middle of that weld! just sealed it up with some epoxy putty for the mean time.

No mate thatw as already there it was the water jacket bits, give it more boost and timing.

The comp is a lot lower now.

Are you running the 609.????

Members dont see this ad

yeah built not bought all the way! :wink:

The 5k had some unknown cosworth cam, don't know specs. Seems to have a fair bit of lift, like half the valve springs anyway.

609 is gunna get used in the old car for rally! should be perfect for that.

yo! si, she is coming along very quick,

you have said as a last resort you would swap the master cylinders and booster?

i have $20 and thats not enough to get me one, would you be interested in swapping and $20 if i do all the work and bring you some new brake fluid?

i understand if not, cheers casey!

:no2: spose.

Gimme a few days to do something about those rx4 calpiers and I might as well put those in at the same time!

Are you in a major rush for it? Cause the car will be coming off the road on the 30th June (3 weeks) as the turbo kit is being pulled off and fitted to new car. Could do it then? Or sooner.

New vid uploading now! :wink:

Ok so 5k got built Friday night. Big thanks to Ollie for gimme me a hand till 1230'ish, I was going till 3!!

Saturday, bolted everything back on and got her running.

So Full list of new engine specs are:

5k D-dish (22cc) piston bottom end

Chev solid lifters

Datsun A12 pushrods

heavily ported 4k head and rocker gear

"Unknown" cosworth lumpstick

all my shiny 4k bits

heres a pic of the new engine, don't look much different!!

100_1040.jpg?t=1181518799

Next to the number 2 spark plug hole there is a welded section, looks like number 2 intake push rod bent and busted through the casting!! anyway, when we first got it running we noticed a small amount of oil weeping from the weld. That was easily fixed for the mean time with some epoxy putty.....jeez I love that stuf!! :wink:

100_1042.jpg

Also, before re-installing the carby kit, I put the efi back on and did a test fit of the t28 without the extractors on like before.

Worked out what I think will be the best spot for the turbo. We were discussing that it would be very easy to hide with a sheet of alloy down there from prying eyes in Blue!! Might have a crack at making a mandrel steam pipe manifold myself, we'll see.

100_1034.jpg

100_1035.jpg

100_1039.jpg

Almost forgot.....took a bit of an in-car vid the other night on the test run. Running about 14psi, you can just see the speedo needle too, roll on at 60, through to 140. Think my mate did a pretty good job keeping the camera still considering!!

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b396/taz...nt=100_1045.flv

Bit dark in the photobucket adobe video player, so turn the brightness on your monitor up to see the speedo neddle. :wink:

Edited by Taz_Rx

Trust me you're not the only one!! ;)

How did the vid look for you? could you see the speedo needle?

Got a little motivated yesty and gave her a wash!! Was using an old worn out scourer and ended up scratching the paint everywhere. Now I've got the give her a good heavy cut and polish.

Here she is sitting up the back with the old "rally bound" girl.....

100_1049.jpg

and this morning after a few bits were polished......

5ktc.jpg

...and just because it was on my camera, a piccy of my angle fish Gabriel.....

100_1071.jpg

Edited by Taz_Rx

Trust me you're not the only one!! ;)

How did the vid look for you? could you see the speedo needle?

Got a little motivated yesty and gave her a wash!! Was using an old worn out scourer and ended up scratching the paint everywhere. Now I've got the give her a good heavy cut and polish.

Yeah i got just see the needle, jumps up pretty quick!

I like the pic of your 2 cars! U need to make the rally car all shiny to!

Where did u get your flares from? I'm needing some for my coupe!

Been trying to find out the origin of the "disco potato" name, haven't found anything yet.

I stumbled across the answer the other day on ebay, but I can't find the ad any more - Apparently Garrett in the US build an S13 called the Disco Potato. The idea was to showcase the sort of power improvements they could get with a bolt on turbo. The car made 250kw or something similar, but it was very driveable etc etc.....

So the name stuck.

Pretty funny.

New setup looks wicked. I'm looking out for a 5k , perhaps to boost to put in my KE16....

I stumbled across the answer the other day on ebay, but I can't find the ad any more - Apparently Garrett in the US build an S13 called the Disco Potato. The idea was to showcase the sort of power improvements they could get with a bolt on turbo. The car made 250kw or something similar, but it was very driveable etc etc.....

So the name stuck.

Pretty funny.

New setup looks wicked. I'm looking out for a 5k , perhaps to boost to put in my KE16....

So i still don't get how Disco Potato fits, is that the name they gave to an upgraded bolt on turbo for the SR20.