Si's 5kte Ke55

Taz_Rx

Thanks felix.

Hey Si whats that gearbox out of again mate and did you send me a link to another bellhousing???

RA40 celica, but maybe other models aswell.

Yeah theres a link to my original club-k wanted add in the post I've truned into the 'how to'.

Members dont see this ad

My Turbo 13B KE20 used to eat those gearboxes for breakfast :P, would be flat out getting one meeting out of a box, i always found them behind any celica with an 18R in it, the 4 speed box from 18R powered corona is the same also but minus a gear, i ended up just buying corona 4 speed after corona 4 speed as these can be had for < $70 from most wreckers, well back then anyway. Thinking i might have a go at this turbo k stuff finally

:D so a W40 is a corona 4 spedd correct?

Do these just bolt straight in, ie tailshaft and clutch etc? might be handy for me to know.

Yeah but.....how much power was that with 300kw? I'm only ever really gunna make 150 tops! Should be heaps stronger and better than a K40 anyway....like thats hard!! :P

unbreako!

what did they charge to dyno tune your car si, thinking about getting mine done when its all back together, what are hey like tuning twin carbs?

and do you think i should wait till i get my L's (7 months) and get it tuned then or just get it done now, like will it go out of tune?

cheers casey?

ps i know this is off topic but you have kinda been there done that.

:D so a W40 is a corona 4 spedd correct?

Do these just bolt straight in, ie tailshaft and clutch etc? might be handy for me to know.

Yeah but.....how much power was that with 300kw? I'm only ever really gunna make 150 tops! Should be heaps stronger and better than a K40 anyway....like thats hard!! :P

150 how soft is that man, youll do that easy with the combo youve put together ,my head is smaller than yours and i made that easy.

Youll go 160 plus.

Hey how come you on the net at night all time now, aaanyway what is the time there.

10:20 I'm down stairs working on the head, just been on here trying to work out how to do the valve stems seals.

I didn't know were to put them cause there was any old ones there! :P

I've been working on stuff all week, heads, turbos, dumps, gearboxs and bell housing. Parts coming in thick and fast man!

Just accidently won 2 ECUS on ebay now!!! :D Gunna have to tell one guy sale is off!

I'll take the digi pro 2+ thats set up for an FJ for $200. :bash:

Hi mate, just thught id post up a pic of my old KE55 with 4K ,charade turbo carby , liberty turbo , big cooler , fuel pump , 18 psi boost and stock every thing else. i went through 6 standard gearboxes in the time i owned it. carby is suposed to have a plenum on top but is not in photo in case you were wondering. hope you like it.

post-3596-1181308717_thumb.jpg

post-3596-1181308838_thumb.jpg

carby was jetted out so fuel wasnt an issue, but even though it looked good, it only made 69 rwkw on the dyno on about 17-18 psi . It was a gun off the line but had little up top. :y:

I made that on 8 psi! :no2:

Come on Si, i wanna hear that you got the new combo going mate.

Was up til 3 on friday night building the 5k, swapping bits over, and swapping engine. Had an early start again today and was working on it most of the day.

Got it running fine in the end, had it at about 14psi (will upload a vid of the boost guage later). Still only running 20o, so I might bump that up a bit soon. 5k isn't quite as much more power as I was expecting, but I'm just putting that down to the low comp. Need more boost and spark now!!! :wink:

Not much need for pic, looks just like it did befor cause I swapped all my polished bits over.

Hey with that head, did you send it back the second time to get it welded nere the number 2 plug?

When we first got it running it was weeping oil out from the middle of that weld! just sealed it up with some epoxy putty for the mean time.