Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Have You Seen A Ke70 Like This Before???

Featured Replies

I was at the wreckers today and i came across a KE70 that i've never seen before. It has, from the looks of it, Painted chrome bumpers and a flat front end. Like AE71 but not angled.

 

post-1158-1167289398_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1167289444_thumb.jpg

 

The tail lights are differant too. Bigger and differantly shaped.

post-1158-1167289509_thumb.jpg

 

I wanted to know what year it it and according to the rego sticker its a Yellow Mitsubishi.

post-1158-1167289567_thumb.jpg

 

I think its an import from Japan. It only has one plate under the bonnet instead of two like we usually do. Also, the plate says Toyota Motor Corp. Japan where normal KE70's say Australian Motors. It has nothing that says its build date.

post-1158-1167289608_thumb.jpg

 

The interior is basicly black. Black vinal floors, seats, door trims. I like the effect the seats have with the differant vinal pattern down the middle. The glove compartment is almost non existant, Its a plastic box with a small opening up top to fit your hand in, like a pouch. It also has a small cover over the handbrake with an ash tray facing the back seat.

post-1158-1167289697_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1167289755_thumb.jpg

 

Speedo looks budget.

post-1158-1167289798_thumb.jpg

 

Back seats are all vinal.

post-1158-1167289853_thumb.jpg

 

The door trims remind me of KE30's.

post-1158-1167289909_thumb.jpg

 

Has anyone else seen a KE70 like this??

 

What do you all think??

  • Replies 35
  • Views 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looks like the japish ones to me.

i think theyre the ones they mostly have over in NZ, so id assume jap import.

 

well besides that, did you take the bumpers or what?? id so want that exact set for my car:P

 

nice find though, I'm sure most XE7X drivers would be interested in the majority of that car.

  • Author

I like the seats. And i wanted to know if they would fit a 55 coupe. But there was a coupe already there which i hollowed out.

 

I think its sad the the Chrome bumpers have been painted black, the rear one is badly rusted in the center.

Its a jap import for sure. Its not the DX model i don't think. The DX model had the quad headlights and tacho dash. This muct be like a CS model or something like that

Funny looking mitsubishi lol :y: ... it looks more like a corona to me one of my friends had one just like it...

actually, this ke70 is pretty common in indonesia where i came from. we call this type DX plus. however, the interior is not black, its cream/ivory in colour. and about the handbrake cover where it has ashtrays facing to the back seat thing, it comes standard i think. as my old green ke30 also had one. nice find man! :y:

definitely japanese version of ke70 IMO.

 

deri

I decided to do a bit of a search on the KE70R as they look hawt and i found some info on the R that might be of use to some people, I had a look through a corolla production listing (FOUND HERE) and i couldnt make out if it said KE70R-EEKRS or EEKR8 but I'm pretty sure it would be a EEKRS as the other one isnt listed, Going by the site the car was available world wide so either AUS didnt get alot of them or they are just a rare car, Here's the listing's:

 

GENERAL (world wide):

 

post-1373-1167298076_thumb.jpg

 

And EUROPE:

 

post-1373-1167298156_thumb.jpg

The R means Right-hand Drive.

 

The man to talk to about this one would be Mr Revhead, as he works for Toyota in NZ, I asked him about my friends MA70R Supra and the R is just code for Right-hand Drive.

The R means Right-hand Drive.

 

The man to talk to about this one would be Mr Revhead, as he works for Toyota in NZ, I asked him about my friends MA70R Supra and the R is just code for Right-hand Drive.

 

Now i have heard 2 different stories:

 

1. R = Update

2. R= RHD

 

What about all the KE70's in aus that arent an R, Have they been converted?

It does make sense as they have KE70L and KE70R listed but what is a KE70 supposed to mean?

Where abouts is this car, i want to go personally view it.

 

Cheers

 

Ted

 

oh ive done some research, it is a 1300 DX, because of the door trims that don't fold over the top part (eg. theres metal exposed at the top), it doesnt have a tacho, upolstry is the basic black pack. I know, because today i got 2 more JDM Ke70 brocures, from japan :y:

K = Motor Type

E= Chasis Code

70 = Model Number

 

I know all that but i was also told that if you have a updated KE70 with slanted headlights it was called a KE70R.

 

I'm just asking what "KE70" means as it doesnt state LHD or RHD.

Course not, because its a coded number.

 

Think of it like an XD falcon for example. They were produced between xxxx and xxxx yet, they all looked the same or had some sort of cosmetic enhancement done (though they didnt).

 

I think the slant-front would've been the change-over model to the AE71.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.