A Very Serious Question

Hey All,

Does anyone know if there is a statute of limitations on road rage charges??

The reason is, about 4-5 years ago, one of the very first times I'd driven my husbands car, I was involved in a serious road rage incident (as the victim). After if happened, I drove straight to the police station and lodged a report, and although I had a really good description of the driver and the make, model, year of the car, I didn't get the registration number of the car. The driver of the other car terrified me, brought me to tears and instilled a phobia I still have to this day.

Tonight, I was driving home, and I was behind what I believe was the SAME car (with the same driver), I'm 98% positive it was the same car and driver (make, model, year, and driver details were so close - although he had a little less hair) I had a panic attack and felt like I was going to be sick. I followed him tonight and got his number plate and when I saw my husband tonight, he took one look at me and knew there was something majorly wrong with me.

So in all seriousness, does anyone know if there is a stature of limitations on road rage charges?

Lesley

Members dont see this ad

I'm not altogether sure if there is a case-specific timeline for road rage as such, but with most traffic-related legal matters (and most legal matters in general) there is window of either 5 or 7 years after the date the police report has been lodged, depending on the incedent. I would suggest engaging a lawyer on a pro-bono basis to ascertain whether you are able to persue it, that way they can do the research... at no cost to you.

Any legal office should very quickly be able to tell you what kind of time window you have for your particular situation.

Sik 'em Lesley

the lawyer and police will ask what happened to you that day; were you injured? was the car damaged? if you have photos of the injuries/damage you may have a good case. sorry to say this but if the damage is only psychological you may be wasting your time.

My brother in law has a friend that had a "rack" near his sun visor that held golf balls.

Well, you can guess what they were used for.

Not that I'd condone such an act but some people don't care about others and some take things too far.

My sister was cut off, she mouthed off something along the line of "f@$k Whit" and the lady hopped out, went up to her car and punched her in the eye.

Meh. The cops aint gunna do nothing.

I witnessed a guy get attacked by 4-5 people, go down, was unconsious for a bit.

I saw the people run to their car, drive off..

Was another witness that saw it too.

I told em what i saw, said I will place a statement.

And cops like to me " Well, most times, someone opens their mouth, and someone will come off 2nd best"

and I'm like " Doesn't Make it socially acceptable and doesnt mean they should get away with it"

cop " meh"

THEY ARE STUPID

There are usually witnesses. They help.

A friend of the family had his brand new car, (one mummy and daddy bought), totally smashed up that his insurance, replaced it all, because he stopped to help someone being beaten up on the side of the road.

It makes you wonder where the society is going.

It really does depend on the circumstances of it all to weather anything can be done, as for time restrictions i couldn't help there defiantly cal the above mentioned number and chat to them. road rage is seriously a cancer on the face of our roads. I mean there are allot of dickhead drivers out there, but some people do take it way to far. Being involved with the rural fire service for a number of years I've seen some pretty nasty accidents occur because of it and it always angers me. In a perfect world everyone would stick to the rules of the road and there would be no problems, shame we don't live in a perfect world :jamie: there was a rather funny video circulating a while back about some local yokal who decided to give it to some yupie in his convertible boy was that a mistake the yupie ended up pulling a gun n them and stealing their video camera and posting the video, some things just get way out of hand. Hope you can get past the fact of some wanker scaring the crap out of you as I'm sure he will get his.

cheers

Pete

My dear mother had a gun pulled on her about 8 years ago.

She doesn't know if it was a toy or not though. Still would freak me out.

I've had a club lock pulled on me, and two cars travelling together try and run me off the road, both times I did nothing wrong. Lucky for my above average driving skills or I would've come off second best on both accounts.