Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70 Wagon - 4g54 Efi Turbo Conversion

Featured Replies

There was a 2.6 turbo sigma at the fast fours jambo last year, I think he was doin 12's till we spotted him changing axles.

 

Would love to see this 70 in action with the boosted 2.6

Edited by AE70

  • Replies 39
  • Views 37.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many years ago, there used to be a black Sigma GSR floating around Ballarat. Had $6000 in parts alone thrown at the motor and none of the v8 boys would touch it. One of the few cars Ive been in that would sink me into the seat in 3rd gear (including worked GT's, Brock commodores, monaros etc). I think it ended up wrapped around a tree at a hill climb :cool:

yea you would be able to take it to drift days, what will you do with the rear leaf suspension?

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

Been out of this for a while. Thought I better update. Got the donor engine and box sorted. Rebuilding it currently.

 

I've been spending more money on my Commodore recently, so the rolla has taken a seat on the sideline. That and I stacked my motorbike and broke both my hands/wrists and knee.

 

I'll have pics soon.

 

And Jarrad, we should catch up for sure. I heard you caught up with Dave? Black Supra/Tan KE70 sedan?

 

Regarding the leaf suspension, I've been looking at options for that. A mate insists he can convert it to Commodore rear springs, whilst keeping the rolla diff. I doubt it, but it will be interesting to see.

Edited by deathsminion

Been out of this for a while. Thought I better update. Got the donor engine and box sorted. Rebuilding it currently.

 

I've been spending more money on my Commodore recently, so the rolla has taken a seat on the sideline. That and I stacked my motorbike and broke both my hands/wrists and knee.

 

I'll have pics soon.

 

And Jarrad, we should catch up for sure. I heard you caught up with Dave? Black Supra/Tan KE70 sedan?

 

Regarding the leaf suspension, I've been looking at options for that. A mate insists he can convert it to Commodore rear springs, whilst keeping the rolla diff. I doubt it, but it will be interesting to see.

 

Anything worth doing is worth doing right, and mate thats alotta damage. Hope you heal up quick fast and get ur 70 going :o

 

And GG typing that up with yours hands in that condition.

  • Author

Five fractures in my right hand, one in my left. I've gotten very good at one handed typing. (I work in IT)

  • Author

I'm actually a manager for a major IT company.. I'm not one of the nerds. :o

 

I had promised pics today, but I've only just gotten the wagon back. Stripped of 90% of the interior.

 

For now I'm going to be running standardish suspension. Leaves flipped, and lowered (not cut) springs in the front. I'll address each chokepoint as we go along.

 

Bought myself an engine crane, so the 4K will be coming out the next few nights.

  • Author

Ok, I took a mates Sigma GSR for a run on Saturday night. They're not bad runners stock, however I could see a lot of benefit in shorter diff gears.

 

The standard Sigma gear ratios mean 5th gear @ 80km/h = chugging along at 1400rpm. So now I'm on the hunt for a KE70 auto diff. PM me if you have one.

A 2.0 litre sigma will do 120 in 2nd, Lots weird noises at those revs.

  • Author

I'm off to go see another donor car in about half an hour. Fingers crossed the fun will start this weekend.

 

Edit: Ok, I'm happy with the donor car. Now I just have to get rid of my VN Calais parts car before the weekend.

It's an Astron 2, so the 2 litre factory turbo gear won't bolt up, however the multipoint injection will.

 

What I have left to get:

 

TR/S Magna injection setup

GT28 or similar snail

Turbo manifold.

Fuel reg

BOV

Larger injectors

 

And more I haven't thought of.

Edited by deathsminion

  • Author

Sorry about the triple post, but has anyone ever fitted Commodore V8 calipers from a VN to a rolla before?

ive fitted vr calipers to a ke30, i'm not sure if vn and vr are the same, but if so let me know and i'll take pics of caliper brackets

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.