Rt142 Corona, 1uz ?

Des

Hey Hey,

Since i sold the Ke70 i have bought a Rt142 corona.

30-04-07_1556.jpg

30-04-07_1119.jpg

30-04-07_1120.jpg

30-04-07_1122.jpg

30-04-07_1119.jpg

30-04-07_1113.jpg

It is going to be my daily when i get my licence back in 4 weeks and the project cars too well sorta.

Has the same rims as millers Ke35 :)

Des

Edited by AE70

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks neat. I'm not a fan of the wheels - or of the cast iron piece of crap lurking under the bonnet, but it'd go hard with plenty of torque from down low. I just want the supercharger to suit that V6 - except on my 4A-GZE. :)

Edited by ancullen

what a horny car, does it rip a sweet wheelie?

It might :)

The wheels finish off the granny spec look, Whats wrong with a commodore/lexcen engine?

What V6 were you lookin at usin in the corona you wanted?

I think Ancullen is after Toyota power.

:sob:

On the way home from picking it up it split a radiator hose at Underwood so while i was replacing that at AutObahn some fella walked past had a quick look and then looked again and said "Thats not a 22r, I bet she fly's now". I just nodded my head.

Also after fixing the hose and leaving Underwood at a set of lights there was a dirt bike infront of us, Lights went green and he took off so we sat behind him and he gave it some more and so did we and we kept up, As we slowly passed him later on we got the nod.

EDIT: can't wait to get my licence back.

Edited by AE70

For the wieght of this car the 3.8 is just under the maximum size, Well so i have been told anyway.

Legal engine swaps for the win.

Edited by AE70

3.8L Holden = 152kW (in final production form). 3.5L Toyota = 200kW in Aurion, 225kW in Lexus. 4.0L Prado = 185kW. 4.0L with good Lexus bits = 257kW. With any luck the 4.0L will be allowed under NT registration rules. If not I'll go for a 4.0L V8 with a stroker kit and a blower and register it as a hot rod. :jamie:

A Prado/Hilux V6 would probably cost a bit more than a Holden V6 setup, but I think the extra cost is definitely worth it:

kits_toyota_prado_dyno_big.gif

The above graph is for CAPA's Vortech kit running 7psi of boost, taking the engine from 179kW and 376Nm (at the engine) to approximately 280kW and 518Nm. I would imagine that the kit could be fairly easily modified to suit a 4.0L with 2GR-FSE heads and pistons (not that pistons would affect it much). Of course, the standard kit is $9,995, so it's REALLY expensive. However, with the 1GR/2GR-FSE hybrid setup and this sueprcharger kit, I would think power and torque would be more like 400kW and 585Nm, so the results would be worth the cost. And remember that's still only at 7psi of boost and 11.8:1 compression, so it could probably take up to about 10psi of boost reasonably safely, and with proper aftermarket engine management (instead of just piggyback computer like CAPA use), then 450kW would be a rather nice target.

Still, this is just pipe dreaming, whereas you've actually got an engine in the car, running and registered.