Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Storey Of A Skank, A Hardtop Ke55

Featured Replies

where is the land of the corolla mate coz I'm in brisbane too and my brother is looking for new door trims for his ke55

  • Replies 204
  • Views 94.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

callme we,ll talk coupes 0415 174 560

that looks oright mate,

 

going to get it sprayed body colour? or what?

 

what about the blue hardtop in your sig? whats the go with that thing

  • Author

Yeah, I'm thinking that it'll be the body colour... Electric Orange.

 

As for the blue hardtop, unsure of the plans. Might fix it up and get registered. Other than that its all open.

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

Well its been months since I've last taken the covers off SL2. So since I bought a pump last week and washed Lolla, I decided to spend the day washing SL2 as she has not been washed while I have owned her.

Here are the before pics...

post-1158-1202455586_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1202455603_thumb.jpg

I pulled out the glove box to install the final piece of the aircon ducting.

post-1158-1202455621_thumb.jpg

I've had these in my garage for a long time and decided to replace the ones on the car as they have badly perished.

post-1158-1202455639_thumb.jpg

See.

post-1158-1202455650_thumb.jpg

After I detailed the interior.

post-1158-1202455664_thumb.jpg

Degreased the bay. Man was it bad. One step closer to getting the Skanky 4K out!

post-1158-1202459163_thumb.jpg

 

More to come...

  • Author

Now heres the after shots.

post-1158-1202459343_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1202459363_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1202459378_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1202459394_thumb.jpg

Shot of the day...

post-1158-1202459412_thumb.jpg

 

After all that it looks like its going to storm, so I went to put the cover back on and now i've got grass inside the cover. I believe this is the worlds worst car cover!!!

Just out of curiousity, when are you planning to paint the old girl?

 

cheers phatke30!

  • Author

I hope to start soon. I need to rip the Skany 4K out. These days are just too HOT. I get as far as opening the bonnet, saying its too HOT and closing it. All I've got to do is pull it out. She's all disconnected. :) I've got a few RDO's coming up in the coming weeks, I might start then.

  • Author

Well I started this the other day but couldn't finish as I thought that I lost all of dads drill bits. Turns out he changed the container that he keeps them in without letting me know. |blink|

 

So I was making a boot release for Skanky-Loue. I did the same for Lolla, this is just more detailed. Its a KE70 boot release.

So here is one of my KE55 boot latches.

post-1158-1202719771_thumb.jpg

The KE55 latch next to the KE70 one.

post-1158-1202719792_thumb.jpg

I masked it up so I could mark the holes, plus it'll be easier to drill on it without the bit slipping.

post-1158-1202719869_thumb.jpg

Marking the holes by lining them up over each other, making sure that the latch section lining up over each other, then marking the holes through the holes.

post-1158-1202719883_thumb.jpg

Finding a drill bit that fits.

post-1158-1202719918_thumb.jpg

Drilled the new holes.

post-1158-1202719937_thumb.jpg

KE70 latch inside my car.

post-1158-1202719952_thumb.jpg

Lastly, the boot closed. I had to realign the catching plate to make it latch.

post-1158-1202719964_thumb.jpg

 

Now I thought I had a release handle and cable but seems I don't. I might pick one up tomorrow if I'm not busy ripping the Skanky 4K out.

Sounds like the progress has just jumped into top gear again!

 

cheers phatke30!

  • Author

So... its my day off and IT'S RAINING!!! I'm not going to let that stand in my way today.

 

So I went to the wreckers anyway to get the boot release cable and popper. Since KE70's and the Corona's of that age are pretty rare, I had to look into the AE82/AE92. Turns out that the cable is the same as the KE70 ones but the popper is differant. Its actually better as it mounts to the side instead of above like the KE70 one.

 

On a different not the AE92 sedan I was digging though was in an accident. It had lots of broken beer bottles and bundy cans. Thinking that the driver was drink driving and crashed, it made my decision easier when I pulled the drivers seat out and found a wallet under it. Might I add that the owner didn't have their P's. Was the best $30 i've ever made.

 

Any pics of the cable before installation.

post-1158-1202793816_thumb.jpg

Removal of the sill plate.

post-1158-1202793858_thumb.jpg

Removal of the front two seat bolts and peeling back the front carpet.

post-1158-1202793892_thumb.jpg

Drilled a hole for the popper bracket.

post-1158-1202793925_thumb.jpg

Fitted the bracket in.

post-1158-1202793969_thumb.jpg

Removed the back seat to thread the cable through. (Stupidly I first go I threaded it though the seat belt)

post-1158-1202794019_thumb.jpg

Seat back in and carpet in place.

post-1158-1202794047_thumb.jpg

Hole cut in the carpet for the popper. I could have angle grinded the fuel popper off but I'll leave that for another day.

post-1158-1202794085_thumb.jpg

Finally, the end shot with it all back together!!

post-1158-1202794229_thumb.jpg

 

Now that's My KE55/KE70-AE71/AE82-AE92 boot release.

  • 7 months later...

Ah, it's here! Damn it! Haha... :y: Yours turned out heaps good. I just realised what I did wrong but hopefully the whole handle will fit through that hole in the seat support...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.