Arthurs Seat Cruise (27th Of May)

TheNOBBLER

Well... some bad news...

I don't think I'm going to make the ccc run and its quite possible the Arthurs seat run will be the last for the Rolla.

I havent had my VS for the week so I have been driving the Twinky to Tafe in coburg instead, has been a great week, really enjoy getting behind the wheel of her again!

Problem is it has developed a "lovely" bottom end noise. Sounds like detonation under load but after a timing change and a fresh tank of juice I have had no change. Its at the stage now that I can hear the death rattle whilst driving along the the road over my exhaust! Those who have heard my car will know that it has to be loud!

Hopefully it will make the run ok, then I will have a think about what I'm doing with the car. I really don't want to put another engine in it, this ones only 6 months old!

Anyway, just had to vent and tell all whats going on!

Still really looking forward to the run!

Jarrad

i think shes crying out for a white pearl grille!!!

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

webers4x48 Posted Today, 07:22 AM

Spewin dude. That really sux. I hope there's one more cruise left in her. It won't be the same without the lil Nobbler-mobile otherwise

Yeah, I know. She still runs great etc etc... in fact, its chirpin 3rd like a champ! :cool:

Well, I have decided not to take it on this weekends run, will probably just bring it to the first meet point and see what its like from there... This way I will be able to take it on the Arthurs seat run. If it dies on that run, well, so be it! I'm not going to be gentle! I have racv to tow me home if need be...

White grill hey? yeah, we will see!

GZE, I'm not sure if I want to do another swap. Its starting to become a joke, I'm kinda over the problems. I love the car and Mel (missus) wants me to keep it and do it up, problem is I would love to get back behind the wheel of a ke2x/3x rolla like my old coupe... luckily the liked that too! So if I decide to get rid of it I will either swap, sell or part it out. Depends on what comes along at the time. If I part it I will keep the engine and wiring etc to rebuild as a turbo engine for the new car, whatever that may be!

Anyway, enough about that for now!

We have a week to get everything sorted now, not long! I will have melways ref's for everyone at the meet points until we meet up with the peninsula crue, they will take it from there.

I have said it once and will say it again... I can't wait!

Jarrad

news update from me :) i managed to sell the demon falcon...found a great owner in sunbury who'll love it like we all love our rolla's. it went thursday arvo, and i picked up a fair condition ke55 in yellow. while it's nothing compared to audrey, what with the stalling and spluttering, the rust and missing trims...you can't knock back a cheap coupe :cool:

the missus is going up to a mates country block next w/e, so she won't be needing her car, but i still havn't convinced her to let me bring it. if i can get the yellow bucket RWC and REG'D by friday, i'll at least have something to tail everyone else in (and by tail, i mean about 2kms behind as you all go racing off in the distance :D) i'll try and get a post up with the horrid pics of my yellow bucket later today, just gotta get it looking "top notch"

dfunkt

Sounds good mate! Will be good to meet n greet!

Well... after having a chat to the minister of war and finance (Mel) I have been told in no uncertain terms that the Rolla is staying in the family! So its coming off the road for a respray and retrim over the next 6 months (as long as its ready for next years GOR run I'm happy!) and it will most likely be getting a cammed up quad throttlebody equiped small port. Will see what happens there!

ok, even more news, looks like i'm going up to the block also. its about 30mins from shepparton. both my missus and i are leaving friday nite and then coming back sunday morning to join the cruise, after i've talked about it so much, she couldn't help but come along ;) on sunday, we'll be coming down the Hume, then heading east along the Metro Ring, then going as straight south as possible along the Greensborough hwy - Burke rd down to the Monash, to either the Oakleigh or Lyndhurst meet point.

our last clean point will be friday before we leave to go up there, so is there anyone willing to help us out with a shit/shower/shave beforehand? it's no hassle for us to take a detour along the way.

cheers Tate

... a KE70 I bought on Friday night.

So you did buy another one then?! Good work Paul!

GZE82 Posted Yesterday, 07:46 PM

sway bar in, bring on the twisties!

only prob is i have a shitty 4ac still!!!

Haha, get over it! I will be in my Bloody VS! Will be good to see it either way.

dfunkt, I would say swing by my place but I'm leaving a bit after 10am... see what happens anyway... The other problem is I'm a little out of the way in Deer Park.

Well, it may yet... not sure.

Its along way from home for it to stop dead!

And also a long way to drive her with a rattly big end bush it may run for 200km or only 200m, just don't know.

I have sway bar fitted also, so i`ll do a run to find a couple of stops during the week to find a stop or two and get used to the new found handling the sway bar has given it.

Until then Leigh or i will have maps with us at lyndhurst meet point so for those that haven`t met webers or myself look out for a white ke-11 a also white Ae-82 seca "twinky" and hopefully our mates hothouse green lc torana.

see ya.

stu.

I think I may just come up to Northland to say hi in the AE82. Drove the KE home last night and I'm still amazed how slow the auto makes it (and I thought the 4 speed in my wagon was bad). Got a bit of little stuff to do on the AE82 on the weekend before I sell it anyway.