5kc Points Distributor

I'm after some basic parts for the distributor in my 5K, like points, cap, and condensor etc.

The distributor is a points one. I've shone a torch down the spark plug holes, and it looks as though the pistons are flat top.

I'm not sure if someone before has replace the electronic distributor, or the points distributor was there originally.

Anyway, I've looked at the parts catelog and at bursons for a set of points and a condensor for liteace km36, 5k. But the parts in my distributor are slightly different, in that the condensor is bigger, and has a different fixture to the side of the distributor, and the points has one screw to hold it into place.

I looked under corolla 4K, but they were the same as under liteace km36.

Does anyone else know what to look under?

post-926-1178614436_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

The guy at bursons found one on the shelf (bosch GB534) and that fits. Thanks

I'll cross reference the other parts.

So its actually a 3K dizzy? I forgot to check the 3K parts list, I though they were the same as 4K.

Hey Leon,

By lookiung at that pic, you can just see one of the loobs that hang off the bottom of number 1 and 4 spark plug holes. This indicates that your 5k is actually a dished piston motor.

See how you go with the parts for that dizzy, if you don't have much luck then let me know and I could provide you with on e of the more common 4k dizzies. I'm actually coming to Hobart on Friday and could fit and time it if you wanted!?

I got the parts; it was under ke30 1976-1977, 3k motor. At bursons a condensor was $33, but at super cheap its around $9. Big difference, same brand and all.

It runs a bit fresher now.

I thought the pistons were flat top, because I looked when the top of the piston when it reached TDC, with a torch down the spark plug hole, so I can mark TDC on the crank shaft pully. Perhaps it is dish top. The lifters are hydraulic, tappets aren't ajustable.

Been a bit confusing, the distributor must have been changed. I got the motor from the wreckers for $150, so I don't really know much of the history, but it runs alright.