Toolkits

hey i was reading this and from years of work and car projects i have built up quite a tool set, most of my standard type tools are force gear from trade tools and its pretty good from all perspectives like lifetime warranty, great quality, good carry cases, the extensive range in each set, all replacement items easily avaliable, many extra items avaliable, and best price anywhere so far even for replacement items.

i can't write up everything but for instance i have 3 force socket sets (1/4, 3/8, 1/2 inch) which cover practically everthing you could ever lay a socket on with some double ups and costs less than $300 in total for all 3. when i get a chance i'll write up all the components. its really really the best socket sets for a good price after all the other sets i have used and seen. and if you lose items or need

another extension or use pipe extensions :yes: its really cheap for replacement and extra parts in store.

heres the pics where you can see the components:

open the first one, click home on the website then close it and then the links will work from here.

1/4 set

3/8 set

1/2 set

i use these almost everyday in the workshop and on the weekend they are also used on cars / motorbikes.

Edited by styler

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deep sockets are great for getting onto those nuts that have a big arse peice of thread hanging out of them :yes:

Personally, I have a number of repco tool kits (first one is 14 years old) and have had no problems with them. My old man who was an mechanic always used to grab my tool kit and use it instead of his sidchrome tools.

hey there, i thought id throw my two cents worth in as i sold tools for about 4 years, sidchrome or snap on is your best bet, sidchrome and kinchrome are not made by the same people, BUT, when you do purchase what ever brand you go for, make sure it is made in taiwan and not china. both companies make tools in both countries and the qaulity is different. And for all the tradesman and mechanics who say that my socket broke and it is covered by a lifetime warranty, 75% of the time it is not. the LIFETIME WARRANTY covers only faulty workmanship(bubble in the steel, bad casting). if a socket breaks because you put it on a rattle gun, or had it on the end of a 36in breaker bar, or if you ratchet breaks because you had a peice of pipe on the handle or you were hitting it with a hammer, you will most probably not get a new one. pipes on the handle leaves marks on the tool and you can tell when it has been on a rattle gun, and the rep from the company wont replace it. so don't go off at the slaesman behind the counter, its not his fault. kc tools, koken, T&E tools, TTI, Blackwoods and sons, stanley, all reasonable brands if it is not made in china, its only now that some half decent stuff is coming out of there, but be aware, hope it helps :cool:

plus if you ar only working on corollas you only need metric

I believe Koken is made in Japan, Well it was anyway. :cool:

Just bought a Supatool socket set and it says on the back:

Made to Kincrome Australia pty ltd Specifications and quality standards in Taiwan.

I paid $150 for for the sockets and kincrome in the same set was $229.

This is the set http://www.kincrome.com.au/web/catalogue/s...partnumber=5524

Edited by AE70

each to there own but I have mostly snap-on gear as I am a mechanic and I am using them all the time. I am starting to get cheaper tools in at the moment cos I have moved town and there is no snap-on rep here. I like the feel and finish on them and the square handles on the screwdrivers are so much easier on the hands and give more torque when needed. like I said each to there own but thats what I have ;)

• 3 weeks later...

i only use snap on kingcrome and sidchrome, these tools have lifetime warranty so that they never will fail,

My old man has a set of repco sockets and its the best little set every lifetime warranty as well. we actually cracked one of the sockets and they replaced the whole kit!

gear ratches and tube spanners are the bomb as well.

spend the extra money and get the good gear so it lasts (if u take care of it and don't loose it)

Cheap ratchets fail after a while in the gears on the head. but dad has had he's repco ones for like 10 years and they havent broken except for the socket then they replaced the whole kit as i mentioned free of charge.

with out a receipt even!

My toolbox consists of a mixture of stuff. Repco 1/2inch drive sockets and ratchet. Some unknown brand 3/8drive socket set. Random screwdrivers and open/ring spanner combos. Some random Teng tools stuff including a ratchet breaker bar with adjustable head, but the tools that I am completely in lurrrve with is my kinchrome ratchet spanners. Now that I have them I rarely use normal spanners. Ratchet spanners for the win. They aren't cheap, but well worth the investment. They makelight work of those bolts where you can only turn them a bee's dick. So instead of doing a small turn and then having to readjust the spanner simply wiggle back and forth instead. Sooo much better.