Corona Motor? True Or False?

dookie

hey guys,

one of my mates has a ke55 and someone was telling us that there is a 2litre corona motor that will bolt straight in to his ke55....

is this true or false?

if true.... what year corona is it out of? and I'm guessing u use the corona 5speed aswell...so will its crossmember bolt straight up to? and can u keep the ke55 tailshaft?

my mate is very keen to do this conversion, so if any one has done this before or knows how its done...please let me know EVERYTHING that has to be done and what is needed!

thanks guys!

-Nic

Edited by dookie

Members dont see this ad

Corona 2.0 litres are:

18rc = SOHC, Reliable but not worth the effort.

18rg = Twincam, Reliable and twin solex's standard.

2s-c = SOHC, Mine didnt last long but other people have had them last a while even drifted with them!

22re = 2.4 litre, EFI, SOHC, They are a very torquey motor but watch out for the timing chain problems.

2sc is out of a ST141.

18r series engines are in RT corona's except RT142 which have the 22re.

Those are the only Corona 2.0/2.4 litres i know of.

St141 and Rt142 can look excactly the same but most St141's have single rectangle lights as Rt142 have inbuilt spot lights near the grille.

People correct me if I'm wrong.

Des :cool:

EDIT: 18r and 22r series engines use a W series box standard and 2s-c uses a Borg warner, Since ke55 use K50/k40 id assume the tail shaft will need some custom work.

Edited by AE70

Some coronas from what I know used the T series gear box and they fit into a KEXX car and then you can use a T motor like a 3TG or something but I have never heard of corona motor bolt in but hey go to a wrecker and see if there measurements would allow it or engine mounts similar etc..

Cameron

The only T motor that corona's have is a 3tgte out of a tt142 and are only an import, They use a W55 aswell.

Havent seen or heard of another T powered corona or T series box ?

Edited by AE70